Introduction to the Data Cloud
More than 400 million SaaS data sets remained siloed globally, isolated in cloud data storage and on-premise data centers. The Data Cloud eliminates these silos, allowing you to seamlessly unify, analyze, share, and monetize your data.
The Data Cloud allows organizations to unify and connect to a single copy of all of their data with ease. The result is an ecosystem of thousands of businesses and organizations connecting to not only their own data, but also connecting to each other by effortlessly sharing and consuming shared data and data services. The Data Cloud makes the vast and growing quantities of valuable data connected, accessible, and available.
Enabling the Data Cloud with Snowflake
Snowflake's Data Cloud powers multiple data workloads, from Data Warehousing and Data Lake to Data Engineering, AI and ML, Applicationsand Cybersecurity across multiple cloud providers and regions from anywhere in the organization. Snowflake’s unique architecture delivers near-unlimited storage and computing in real time to virtually any number of concurrent users in the Data Cloud. Organizations can execute their critical workloads on top of Snowflake's multi-cluster shared data architecture in a fully managed platform that capitalizes on the near-infinite resources of the cloud.
Snowflake's single platform delivers:
- Optimal Workload Performance: Never worry about resource contention again. Snowflake’s single elastic performance engine delivers instant and near-unlimited scale. Support a virtually unlimited number of concurrent users and workloads ranging from interactive to batch—all with reliable, fast performance, thanks to Snowflake’s multi-cluster resource isolation.
- Full Automation: The Snowflake Data Cloud is a fully managed platform that eliminates manual management tasks to allow you to easily operate at scale -- optimizing costs and minimizing downtime.
- Secure Global Collaboration: Eliminate ETL and data silos. Easily and securely access and share a single copy of your data across your departments, business units, and subsidiaries; with supply chain and other business ecosystem partners; and with thousands of other organizations in the Data Cloud
- Snowpark: Snowflake Snowpark delivers runtimes and libraries that securely deploy and process non-SQL code in Snowflake - from SQL to Python, Java, and Scala.
- Optimized Storage: Centralize unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data together for unsilo'd access to all the data you need.
The Snowflake Platform also includes includes multiple layers:
- Optimized Storage: Centralize structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data together for unsiloed access to all the data you need.
- Elastic Multi-Cluster Compute: Power complex data pipelines, large-scale analytics, feature engineering, interactive applications, and more, all with one engine.Instantly and cost-efficiently scale to handle virtually any number of concurrent users and workloads.
- Cloud Services: As a fully managed service, receive automations that reduce risk, improve efficiencies, and let teams focus on what matters.
- Snowgrid: Discover and share governed data between teams, business units, partners, customers, and more, without ETL. Enrich insights with third-party data, connect with thousands of Snowflake customers
In addition, Snowflake Marketplace allows businesses to offer, discover and consume live, governed data, and data services at scale minus the latency, effort, and cost required with traditional marketplaces. Snowflake Marketplace users can access data sets from data providers such as Weather Source, Safegraph, FactSet, Zillow, and more. With the Data Cloud, access, build, collaborate, and monetize your data.