Version Date: June 3, 2020
The policy below governs your use, as a Marketplace Provider, of the Snowflake Data Marketplace when offering Datasets on the Snowflake Data Marketplace
- You may list Datasets on the Snowflake Data Marketplace that can be filtered for a specific Marketplace Consumer (“Personalized Share”), including data enrichment services, or free Datasets available to any Marketplace Consumer (“Standard Share”). You are solely responsible for your Datasets and Listing Information.
- Datasets should be live-updated at the most frequent logical refresh rate (ideally near-real-time).
- Datasets should not be purely historical or a “sample.”
- Datasets should have global coverage (or regional coverage, but tagged appropriately).
- Datasets should use common dimensions provided by Snowflake where appropriate.
- Refrain from making breaking schema changes or replacing or deleting the share, as this will break consumer queries and the sample queries. If you do need to make these changes, please contact email@example.com. Additionally, for Personalized Share, communicate changes to the customer before making them.
Promptly Respond to Marketplace Consumers
You are expected to respond promptly to Marketplace Consumers requesting access to your listings and share the requested data in a timely manner. Follow the below timelines:
- For Standard Listings:
- If a Standard Listing is visible but not replicated in a region, replicate and share the appropriate dataset with the Marketplace Consumer within two business days of receiving the request for the Standard Listing in the region where the Standard Listing is visible.
- For Personalized Listings:
- Respond to Marketplace Consumers within one business day of receiving a request to access a Personalized Listing.
- Share the appropriate Dataset with the Marketplace Consumer within two business days of receiving the request unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If there is no prior agreement between you and Marketplace Consumer governing the Dataset, enable sharing within two business days of executing an agreement with Marketplace Consumer.
- When Personalized Shares are used for enriching Marketplace Consumer data, the following timelines apply:
- Respond to Marketplace Consumers within one business day of receiving a request to make use of a data enrichment service.
- Enable sharing within two business days of receiving the input dataset from the Consumer.
- You may delist a Standard Share from the Snowflake Data Marketplace at any time but must allow Marketplace Consumers then accessing the Dataset to continue to access the Dataset for 30 days after the delisting of the Standard Share, unless otherwise required by law.
- You may drop a share created from a Standard Share after 30 days from when the Dataset was delisted. You may delist a Personalized Share from the Snowflake Data Marketplace and drop a share created from a Personalized Share at any time.
Use of Usage Metrics
Any usage metrics that Snowflake shares with you about Marketplace Consumer’s use of your Datasets shall only be used for internal business purposes. You may not use usage metrics for marketing, publishing benchmarks, or revealing adoption of the Snowflake Data Marketplace.
You acknowledge that:
- Snowflake may delist and drop a Standard Share, delist a Personalized Share, or remove you from the Snowflake Data Marketplace (temporarily or permanently) at any time in Snowflake’s sole discretion, without notice or liability.
- Snowflake has the right, but no duty or obligation, to monitor Standard Share Datasets for compliance with this policy, any agreements between you and Snowflake governing your use of the Snowflake Data Marketplace, and applicable laws.
- Snowflake may accept or reject you (or any Dataset) for inclusion in the Snowflake Data Marketplace in its sole discretion without liability.
- Snowflake retains control and discretion over the Snowflake Data Marketplace, including the promotion, placement, and presentation of any Dataset or Listing Information in the Snowflake Data Marketplace.