The Ultimate SQL Challenge Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning.
- Eligibility: “The Ultimate SQL Challenge” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of the entry, legal residents of the United States, excluding any residents of Florida and New York..
Sponsor is Snowflake Computing, Inc. (“Snowflake Computing” or “Sponsor”). Employees of Snowflake Computing its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Snowflake Computing, as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about April 1, 2019 and ending April 30, 2019.
- How to Enter:
There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Entry Method One: To enter the Sweepstakes, receive an email from Snowflake Computing, complete the entire online form provided on the Sweepstakes site identified in the email and submit the completed form online The email received will contain a link to a website that contains the Level One quiz. The Level One quiz contains 10 questions; entrants must answer at least eight (8) out of ten (10) questions or more correctly in order to move to Level Two. The entry must be complete in its entirety, and as noted in terms of accuracy, to be eligible to move on to the next level.
Entrants who are eligible to participate in the Level Two quiz will receive a link to a webpage that contains the Level Two quiz. The Level Two quiz contains 10 questions. Entrants must answer at least nine (9) out of ten (10) questions or more correctly to earn a Snowflake t-shirt and to earn an entry into the drawing for the Summit VIP ticket contest. Entries that are not complete or do not otherwise adhere to the Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Snowflake Computing. All such entries must be received by April 30, 2019, 2019 11:59PM PST.
Entry Method Two: To enter the Sweepstakes without completing any quiz online and submitting a complete online entry, receive an email from Snowflake Computing, send a 3 x 5 card with your complete name, address, e-mail address and phone number postage prepaid to The Ultimate SQL Sweepstakes, Snowflake Computing, Inc., 100 S. Ellsworth Ave., Suite #100, San Mateo, CA. 94401, Attention Danica Stanczak, to be eligible to win a prize in the Sweepstakes. All such eligible entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2019, and received by Snowflake Computing no later than May 5, 2019.
Regardless of method used to enter, you may enter only once and you must fill in all information requested under the entry method chosen. You may not enter by using multiple email addresses, identities, addresses, phone numbers or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Snowflake Computing. All entries become the property of Snowflake Computing and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entries become the property of Snowflake Computing and cannot be returned or acknowledged.
- Prizes: Three Winners will each receive (1) VIP ticket to Snowflake Summit, a voucher for up to Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) for roundtrip airfare from their home airport and hotel accommodations for two (2) nights of the Snowflake Summit. The estimated retail value of each VIP ticket is $1,195, the airfare contribution will vary by location of the home airport but be no greater than $500 per winner, and the hotel accommodations for two (2) nights are valued at an estimate of $250 per night. Total prize value awarded will be approximately $6,585.00. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Any and all prize related expenses not expressly provided for in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of any Winner. All federal, state, and/or local taxes applicable to the prize won shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations or delays due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Snowflake Computing to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of reporting the winners and for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Three (3) winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor shortly after May 5, 2019 . Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with or provided in their entry within (10) days following the winner selection. Snowflake Computing shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or as a result of any failure of mail delivery or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, including taxpayer identification number for reporting to appropriate tax authorities, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Sponsor shall report the Winners’ names to federal and state tax authorities as applicable and will send Winners a Form 1099.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Snowflake Computing, anyone acting on behalf of Snowflake Computing, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Terms: Snowflake Computing reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Snowflake Computing shall have the discretion to select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Snowflake Computing. Snowflake Computing reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Snowflake Computing has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to; disqualifying multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Snowflake Computing reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Snowflake Computing. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Snowflake Computing and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; and/or (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in or governing the Country of San Mateo, California, USA. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased or to seek recession of any agreement or any injunctive or equitable relief.
- 13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://www.snowflake.com/snowflake-summit-sql-winners/ after May 10, 2019 and before the Snowflake Summit 2019.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Snowflake Computing, Inc. 100 S. Ellsworth Ave, Suite #100, San Mateo, CA, 94401, USA.