BUILD 2023 is where AI gets real. Join our two-day virtual global conference and learn how to build with the app dev innovations you heard about at Snowflake Summit and Snowday. We have more demos and hands-on virtual labs than ever before—and you won’t find a bunch of slideware here. The focus is on tools and capabilities that are generally available or in public and private preview, so you can leave BUILD and put your new skills into action immediately.
As always, BUILD is created by builders, for builders, so you’ll find plenty to spark your interest and boost your skill set. Register now to get access to sessions on AI and ML, Snowpark, Iceberg, streaming, Snowflake Native Apps and more. And this year we’ve added a new LLM Bootcamp with all the inside info you’ll need to build and deploy an AI-enriched app.
Here are five reasons why this year’s global virtual summit is a must-attend:
1. A new LLM Bootcamp, complete with badge
In this two-session bootcamp, you’ll learn how to build custom gen AI apps on Snowflake. After a review of LLM fundamentals, you’ll deploy Llama 2 in a container and fine-tune it to improve accuracy. Finish the bootcamp assessment and you’ll get a digital badge to post to your social profiles.
Anyone registered for BUILD will have access to the bootcamp—but there is limited capacity. Be sure to join on time to grab one of the user IDs with private preview access to Snowpark Container Services that you’ll need for the lab. If you can’t get an ID, don’t worry and don’t skip the bootcamp: you can still get a badge by successfully completing the assessment.
2. Featured speakers with thought-provoking views on AI expansion, open source, app dev with gen AI and more
No BUILD conference is complete without some big-picture thinking that sparks discussion and debate. This year, we have four notable speakers sharing their perspectives and opinions on the future of AI, app dev, and what’s ahead for data practitioners.
- Dr. Andrew Ng, founder and CEO of Landing AI as well as Stanford University professor, founder of DeepLearning.ai, and chairman and co-founder of Coursera, will speak about application development using generative AI.
- Soumith Chintala, leader of PyTorch and working on AI at Meta, shares his opinions on a question common to many practitioners: how to retrain yourself for a rapidly changing AI landscape.
- Harrison Chase, co-founder and CEO of LangChain, will talk about building confidence in LLM outputs and walk through advanced techniques for gathering feedback and evaluating results to improve your LLM apps.
- Lin Qiao, CEO and founder of Fireworks.ai, explores AI-powered products and the huge opportunity to build tools and platforms that make product developers vastly more productive—and increase the role AI plays in our daily interactions.
3. See new app creations in Builder Minutes
Stick around between sessions for our new Builder Minutes videos, serving up snack-sized demos of cool things built by the Snowflake community. These quick-but-detailed walkthroughs run during the session breaks and are presented by the app builders themselves. There’s more than 20 demos in the series; see if you can watch them all!
4. Streamlit in the spotlight
You asked, we listened. BUILD 2023 has lots of content for—and from—the Streamlit community. Streamlit UIs are in many of the demos and tech talks, with plenty of useful advice for anyone who builds (or wants to build) Streamlit apps. LLMs are, of course, a hot topic when it comes to Streamlit, so don’t miss the LLM Showcase, featuring winners from Streamlit’s recent LLM Hackathon. You’ll get an up-close look at the top five LLM-focused Streamlit apps, including the initial inspiration and the app’s tech stack, from the teams that created them.
5. In-person BUILD Meetups around the world
BUILD may be a virtual conference, but you can still get an in-person experience at one of our 20+ BUILD Meetups in cities ranging from Atlanta to Zurich. Each Meetup is run by the local Snowflake User Group. You can connect with other Snowflake developers in your area and explore how to build with Snowflake. More Meetups are being added all the time—we just listed an event in Pune, India—so check out https://usergroups.snowflake.com/build-meetups/ to find a city near you.
And don’t forget: those who attend 10+ BUILD sessions including at least one hands-on lab are eligible for the exclusive Builder badge to download and add to your social networks.
Get ready to build apps in the age of AI
Block your calendar for BUILD—just choose your region and register now. If you’re already signed up for BUILD, well done. Let’s go build!