Architecting Designing and Deploying on the Snowflake Data Cloud
From day one, Snowflake has had an audacious vision to deliver high performance data management at massive scale — agnostic to the underlying cloud platform and architectural pattern. This comprehensive guide will walk you step-by-step through important principles and show you (with SQL examples and knowledge checks) how to unlock your data to power high-performant data applications and modern data analytics.
Snowflake: The Definitive Guide written by Joyce Kay Avila a certified Snowflake & Data Super Hero with more than 25 years of experience as a business and technology leader.
In this preview, you’ll get a sneak peek at five chapters of this book: Creating & Managing Snowflake Architecture; Creating & Managing Snowflake Architecture Objects; Exploring Snowflake SQL Commands, Data Types, and Functions; Leveraging Snowflake Access Controls; and Visualizing Data for Better Insights.¹
- What makes the Snowflake architecture unique
- About the different architectural layers of Snowflake and how they work
- Insights to create data architectures to support workloads in the Data Cloud
- How to scale across different workloads to segment and isolate resources and how to size compute for more power or to serve more concurrent users
- Different options for migrating and loading data
- Considerations for building data pipelines with pipes, data streams, and sequences
- Working with SQL and the different data types Snowflake supports
- Managing user’s access to Snowflake
- Using Snowsight to create visualizations and share insights
What’s new: Explore two additional chapters on managing your Snowflake account costs and on configuring and managing secure data sharing.
¹These are early release chapters, meaning O’Reilly is still collecting input and editing the content. According to O’Reilly, with Early Release ebooks, you get books in their earliest form—the author’s raw and unedited content as they write— so you can take advantage of these technologies long before the official release of these titles.