FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Snowflake Summit?
The four-day conference will feature Keynotes, Breakout Sessions, and an exposition floor where thousands of Snowflake’s partners, customers, and industry peers will gather to network, collaborate, and obtain essential knowledge about Snowflake and emerging trends in data and analytics.
Who should attend Snowflake Summit?
CxOs, business and technical leaders, IT and database administrators, architects, analysts, data engineers, data scientists, software developers, security practitioners, product leaders, and DevOps engineers will all find valuable content and make connections.
Where will Snowflake Summit take place?
Snowflake Summit will be at the Caesars Forum Conference Center, Las Vegas June 26 – 29, 2023.
Is there a virtual component of Snowflake Summit?
Yes, when you register for Snowflake Summit you’ll also receive access to the full library of keynotes, breakout sessions, and select theater session recordings* after the event.
*Not all theater and “executive invite only” sessions will be recorded or made available after the event. Session descriptions within the agenda builder will indicate which sessions will be recorded. Recordings will remain available through September 2023.
What kind of topics will be discussed at Snowflake Summit?
- Operating and optimizing Snowflake
- Modernizing data architectures, including data warehouse, data lakes, and data mesh
- Accelerating analytics
- Data science & machine learning
- Data engineering and data pipelines
- Application development
- Marketing analytics
- Data for good (climate, diversity, health, etc)
- Industry-specific topics
How long will each session be?
There are a mix of session formats. Breakout sessions are 40 minutes. There also will be 20 minute theater sessions in the Expo Hall.
Can I reserve a seat in my favorite sessions?
Yes, Summit registrants can log in here starting May 16 to build their agenda and reserve seats. For sessions that reach max capacity within the app, attendees with reservations must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time to claim their seat. After that time if additional seating is available we will allow walk-ins into the session on a first come first serve basis.
Can I attend the Partner Summit?
Snowflake Partners in good standing are invited to attend the Partner Network Summit taking place on Monday, June 26th and should plan to arrive by 12:30 pm at The Forum at Caesars in Las Vegas.
If you are interested in attending this event, you can indicate that during the registration process.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions regarding Snowflake Summit.
How much does Snowflake Summit cost?
Super Early Bird November 7, 2022 – January 31, 2023 $1,795 Early Bird February 1, 2023 – April 30, 2023 $1,995 Regular May 1, 2023 – June 24, 2023 $2,195 At the Door June 25, 2023 – June 29, 2023 $2,395
What is the payment policy?
- All major credit cards are accepted for registration payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, & Discover).
- Please email [email protected] with any requests to pay via invoice. Instructions for invoice payments will be sent upon receipt of the invoice email requests.
*Please note that you will not be able to register for Snowflake Summit 2023 until full payment has been received. Registration codes will be sent upon receipt of payment.
Are special discounts offered for groups?
Group pricing is offered for ticket bundles of 10+, 20+, and 30+. Looking to purchase group tickets? Please click here.
Are special discounts offered to government employees?
Government employees have the opportunity to purchase Summit tickets at our lowest ticket price of $1,795 regardless of whether super early bird pricing has ended or not. If super early bird pricing has ended, please email [email protected] to inquire about how to receive this discount pricing.
Discount codes can not be applied when purchasing a Summit ticket at this discounted government employee rate.
Can I apply multiple discount codes during registration?
No, only one discount code can be applied per registered guest.
CANCELLATIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
What is the cancellation/substitution policy?
Applicable refunds will be processed based on the time and date that the request was submitted:
- Full refund: Cancellation notices must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, May 26, 2023
- Requests received by May 26, 2023, will receive a full refund. No refunds for requests received after May 26, 2023, regardless of when the registration is received.
- Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation.
- Summit tickets purchased via a Snowflake order form and Invoices are non-refundable.
To transfer your registration to someone else at your company, please email the following information for the new registrant to [email protected]
- First Name & Last Name
- Job Title
- Work Address
- Email Address
- Work Phone Number
A registration confirmation email will be sent to the new registrant once the substitution is confirmed.
How do I cancel my registration?
If you need to cancel your registration before May 26, 2023, please follow these steps:
- Visit the summit registration summary page.
- Click on the “Already registered” link in the top right corner.
- Enter the email address you used to register + your confirmation number. Your confirmation number was included in your original email confirmation email or you may use the “forget your confirmation number” link included on this form.
- Once you are logged into the summary page please click on the “Cancel Registration” button.
- Please provide the details on why can’t attend in the form and click on “Submit.”
- Your registration has now been canceled and your registration fees paid will be refunded.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Are there pre-event training classes available at Summit?
Yes! We are offering two classes available as pre-event training for the Summit to accommodate both new and experienced Snowflake users. Both classes will be held at around the same time on Monday, June 26. Therefore, participants will only be able to attend one of the classes. Choose between:
New to Snowflake? Build Your Bridge to the Snowflake Data Cloud offers you a VIP tour across Snowflake. It’s the perfect choice for professionals who want to get from one side of the chasm to the other with ease, efficiency, and a bit of “wow.” In this highly interactive course, we’ll give you a fast and focused hands-on intro to Snowflake to maximize your time where you need it most.
Advanced experience with Snowflake? Fresh Snow is a fast-paced workshop catering to experienced Snowflake users that will help expand your Snowflake palette and grow your working knowledge of the platform. Here’s your chance to immerse yourself in all of the features introduced to the Snowflake Data Cloud in the past 12 months.
Are there certification exams available at Summit?
Yes! All SnowPro Certification Exams will be available at the Summit from Monday, June 26, through Thursday, June 29.
Cost: $150 USD (non-redeemable after the Summit)
How do I register for the pre-event training?
Pre-event training can be added to your regular Summit ticket during registration at an additional cost. After you receive your confirmation email that you will receive an additional email with more details about attending the pre-event training.
How do I schedule my certification exam at Summit?
After you receive your confirmation email that you have successfully registered for the Summit and onsite SnowPro certification exam, you will receive an additional email with more details about how to schedule the certification exam.
What happens after I purchase a pre-event training?
Your Summit confirmation number is the same confirmation number for your pre-event training purchase. As we get closer to the event, you will receive additional details via email outlining the event. If you do not receive an email by June 1, please reach out to [email protected].
What happens after I purchase a certification exam?
Your Summit confirmation number is the same confirmation number for your certification purchase. You will receive more information via email for how to schedule your exam at Summit. If you do not receive an email within seven days of registering, please reach out to [email protected].
How should I prepare for my SnowPro Certification at Summit?
Visit the SnowPro Certification website to find exam guides for each SnowPro Certification. Each exam guide lists the objectives covered on the certification exam as well as the exam study guide link which contains sample questions.
Is there a time limit on the exams?
Candidates have a time limit of 115 minutes on the following exams:
- SnowPro Core
- SnowPro Advanced: Architect
- SnowPro Advanced: Data Engineer
- SnowPro Advanced: Data Scientist
- SnowPro Advanced: Administrator
- SnowPro Advanced: Data Analyst
Candidates have a time limit of 90 minutes on the following exams:
- SnowPro Core Recertification
- SnowPro Advanced: Architect Recertification
- SnowPro Advanced: Data Engineer Recertification
- SnowPro Advanced: Data Scientist Recertification
Is it necessary to attend the event in person to take the exam?
If you obtain a Snowflake Summit certification voucher, you will have to appear in person to take the exam. The voucher will not be active outside of the event. We will be running certification throughout each day (June 26, 2023 – June 29, 2023). Once you receive your voucher, you will be able to schedule your exam and choose any time slot available during the event through PearsonVue.
Can I reschedule my exam?
You will be able to reschedule your exam at Summit any time before your exam, as long as there is availability.
Do I need to extend my stay to take my exam?
We will be running certification each day (June 26, 2023 – June 29, 2023). The earliest time slot will be 8 am PT on June 26th and the latest will be 12 pm PT on June 29th. Please plan accordingly.
Where will the exams be taking place?
Snowflake Testing Center Summit 2023
Harrahs Convention Center
Lake Tahoe and the Nevada Ballroom
3475 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV
Can I get a visa letter?
Visa requests will be handled on an individual basis. To request a visa, please send the following information to [email protected].
- Full Name:
- Your Country of Citizenship
- Name of your Company
- Address of your Company
- The number of days will you be in the United States
How do I book my hotel?
Once you have registered for the Snowflake Summit, you will be able to book your hotel by following one of these options:
- You will be directed to the Summit Confirmation page after successfully registering for the Summit. You can book your hotel on this page by clicking the “Book Your Hotel” button. Click on this link and follow the instructions on the hotel selection page that appears.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully registered for the summit. There is a link to “Book Your Hotel” at the bottom of the confirmation email. Follow the instructions on the hotel selection page that opens after clicking this link.
- On the registration summary page, click the “Already registered” link in the top right corner and enter your email address and confirmation number, or click the “Forget your confirmation number” link if you forgot your number. Once you are logged in, click the “Book Your Hotel” button and follow the instructions to select your hotel.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Book your hotel in the Snowflake room block. Registered attendees may access special discounted rates at the following participating hotels. We look forward to seeing you soon in Las Vegas
3570 S Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
3475 S Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
Paris Las Vegas
3655 S. Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
3535 S Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
FLIGHTS & TRAVEL
Just 3 miles from the Las Vegas Strip, Harry Reid International Airport offers daily flights, including non-stop service from 120 cities in the U.S. and one-stop connections to hundreds more. Airport transportation is available by taxi, charter, rideshare and public transportation.
JUSTIFY YOUR TRIP
Now is the best time to approach your manager with the pitch for you and your co-workers to attend Snowflake Summit, live in Las Vegas. We can’t wait for you to join us.