Snowflake Announces Second Annual Data Drivers Awards Winners, Honoring EMEA Leaders Reimagining the Future of Data Collaboration
Jun 23, 2022
Data Drivers winners Natwest, London Stock Exchange Group, NHS Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership, Piano, Pricemoov, and Schwarz IT are awarded for pioneering new ways to mobilize the world’s data
Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, today announced the winners of the second annual Data Drivers Awards for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), the premier data awards that honor Snowflake customers leading their organizations and reimagining what’s possible with the Data Cloud across their industries.
This year’s Data Drivers Awards winners consist of data leaders from EMEA organizations, including Natwest Group, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), NHS Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP), Piano, Pricemoov, and Schwarz IT. Snowflake’s annual Data Drivers Awards winners represent the top individuals and organizations using the Snowflake Data Cloud to innovate, grow, and delight their customers.
“Snowflake customers continue to push the envelope of what’s possible with data, unlocking new ways to drive impact across the Data Cloud,” said Denise Persson, Chief Marketing Officer at Snowflake. “This year’s award recipients represent some of the most innovative data leaders we’ve seen to-date, pioneering new ways to build and collaborate in the Data Cloud. Each winner is accelerating customer value and transforming how their industries are adopting the data economy.”
The 2022 EMEA Data Drivers Awards winners are:
- The 2022 Data Driver of the Year award winner is Natwest. This top award category honors an organization that epitomizes what it means to be data-driven and demonstrates how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy can accelerate the delivery of business capabilities, transforming numerous facets of the business. Natwest is using Snowflake to underpin its cloud-first analytics, driving a number of benefits, including improving agility, collaboration and lowering total cost of ownership. These data innovations have been delivered in areas such as ESG, treasury and retail customer analytics and reporting.
- Pricemoov is honored with the Data Collaboration award. This award recognizes the innovative work Pricemoov is doing with Snowflake to help companies power digital commerce through a next-gen pricing platform, powered by Snowflake’s Data Cloud.
- Andrew Carruthers, Director, Corporate Data Exchange at LSEG, earned the Data Hero of the Year award. This award recognizes Andrew’s work in championing Snowflake across the organization to democratize data access for different lines of the business. Andrew is in the process of publishing a book called, “Building the Snowflake Data Cloud”, from Apress, outlining the process for other data leaders to successfully deploy Snowflake and leverage the Data Cloud.
- Piano wins the Powered By Snowflake award. This award recognizes how Piano Analytics, Powered by Snowflake is addressing complexity, unreliability, and agility issues by making it fast and easy to store, query, enrich and securely share data within the Snowflake ecosystem. These advanced capabilities equip companies with clean, privacy-compliant, and reliable data on customer behavior so they can make decisions that drive growth and increase revenue.
- NHS Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP), with its commitment to driving healthcare forward, took the prize in the Data for Good category. This award spotlights GMHSCP’s ability to centralize its data into Snowflake analytics, to support the care of nearly 3 million people across ten boroughs across Greater Manchester. Snowflake’s platform has enabled GMHSCP to understand how it can work with huge amounts of data, quickly, and use that speed of delivery to support front-line operations with rapid reporting.
- Holger Schell, Managing Director, BI, AI & Data at Schwarz IT, earned the Data Executive of the Year award. Holger has been responsible for modernizing Schwarz Group’s Data & Analytics landscape, by moving it to the cloud and making it accessible for all users across the Schwarz Group. Snowflake Data Cloud is playing a key role in this initiative to ensure the current and future viability of the data & analytics cloud landscape.
- Access our expert-led courses to show how the Data Cloud enables you to get the most from your data with the Data Cloud Academy.
- Learn more about how customers across industries are using the Snowflake Data Cloud.
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from Snowflake on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 506 of the 2021 Forbes Global 2000 (G2K) as of April 30, 2022, use Snowflake Data Cloud to power their businesses. Learn more at snowflake.com