Snowflake Announces Data Drivers Award Winners, Honouring the EMEA Leaders Transforming Their Industries with the Data Cloud
Oct 12, 2021
Winners Novartis AG, Monoprix, FIS, Lightsource bp, Żabka, and Wix mobilising the world’s data
October 12, 2021– Snowflake (NYSE: SNOW), the Data Cloud company, today announced the EMEA winners of the third-annual Data Drivers Awards, the premier data awards that honour Snowflake customers leading their organisations and transforming their industries with the Data Cloud.
Winners of the third-annual Data Drivers Awards include data leaders from EMEA organisations, including Novartis AG, Monoprix, FIS, Lightsource bp, Żabka, and Wix. Snowflake’s annual Data Drivers Award finalists and winners represent the top individuals and organisations using Snowflake’s Data Cloud to innovate, grow, and transform their customers’ data strategies.
“Every year we continue to be impressed by how Snowflake customers raise the bar with the innovative ways they are unlocking and mobilising their data in the Data Cloud,” said Denise Persson, Chief Marketing Officer at Snowflake. “This year’s award recipients represent best-in-class companies that are powering every aspect of their organisation with data to create new revenue streams through future-forward products, and collaborate within and across the new data economy for competitive advantage.”
The 2021 Data Drivers Awards winners are:
- The 2021 Data Driver of the Year award winner is Novartis AG. This top award category honors an organisation that epitomises what it means to be data-driven and demonstrates how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy can enable accelerated delivery of business capabilities, and transform numerous facets of the business.
- Monoprix’s Data Manager, Benoit Grimaud, wins the Data Hero of the Year award. This award recognises Benoit’s work in championing and driving the implementation of Monoprix’s modern data analytics program to reduce querying time, drive deeper analysis and enable data sharing between partners and service providers. Monoprix was one of the first retailers to move from on-premises to the cloud.
- Richard Deighton, Senior Vice President Enterprise Big Data & Analytics, FIS, earned the Data Executive of the Year. Richard transformed the data and analytics landscape at the company by delivering a number of use cases into production with Snowflake’s Data Cloud, with plans to move another 30 projects to Snowflake in the near future.
- Lightsource bp’s mission to deliver solar power for the world took the prize in the Data for Good category. Lightsource bp has transformed its operations to put data at the centre of its push to complete 25GW of solar energy by 2025.
- Żabka came out on top among the Data Sharing Leaders. Żabka developed its own application on Snowflake, enabling the Polish retailer to share data with numerous CPG vendors, including sales numbers, consumer profiles or behaviour in different locations. Snowflake has also been key in helping Żabka tap into data to expand the amount of stores in Poland.
- Wix wins the Powered By Snowflake award for building its customer-facing dashboard, Wix Analytics, on top of Snowflake. Wix Analytics is designed to support the company’s 220M users globally, to meet their customer’s demand to receive real-time business analytics
- Register today to access our expert-led courses to show how the Data Cloud enables you to get the most from your data with the Data Cloud Academy
- Learn more about how customers across industries are using the Snowflake Data Cloud
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from Snowflake on Linkedin and Twitter
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 212 of the 2021 Fortune 500 as of July 31, 2021, use Snowflake Data Cloud to power their businesses. Learn more at snowflake.com.