Last Updated: May 1, 2023
These Data Sharing Rebate Credit Terms and Conditions (“Rebate Terms”) for the Rebate Program supplement the written subscription agreement for the Snowflake Service entered into between Customer and Snowflake, or if no such written agreement exists, the Snowflake Terms of Service located at https://www.snowflake.com/legal/ (or such successor URL as may be designated by Snowflake), (the applicable agreement, the “Customer Agreement”). The terms of your Customer Agreement are incorporated herein by reference. In the event of a conflict between these Rebate Terms and your Customer Agreement, these Rebate Terms control with respect to the Rebate Program. All capitalized terms used but not defined in these Rebate Terms shall have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Customer Agreement, or if not defined in these Terms or the Customer Agreement, then as defined in the Snowflake Terms of Service (currently available at https://www.snowflake.com/legal/), as applicable.
For the purposes of these Rebate Terms and pursuant to the Customer Agreement, the Snowflake customer sharing certain of its data selected by such Snowflake customer (“Product(s)”) is the “Provider” and the Snowflake customer accessing or using Provider’s Product(s) is the “Consumer.”
1. Eligibility. The Rebate Program is offered by Snowflake to Customers who use the Customer-Controlled Data Sharing Functionality as described in the Customer Agreement.
2. Qualifying Consumer Queries. As a Provider, as described in the Documentation, you may elect to grant Consumers access to Product(s). As further described in Section 3 of these Rebate Terms, you will earn rebate credits based on queries by Consumers to such Product except as set forth below (“Qualifying Queries”).
The following queries do not qualify for the Rebate Program:
● Queries on Products in accounts that are set up by and/or controlled by the Provider, such as Reader Accounts, or accounts contained in the same organization.
● Queries to which Snowflake cannot attribute the source of the data to the Product shared by the Provider (e.g. queries that only search metadata, queries with expressions, queries that do not use an account for execution, etc.).
Snowflake reserves the right to delay, suspend, recalculate, reduce, or revoke any rebate credits that Snowflake suspects are related to non-qualified queries.
3. Rebate Credit Calculations. When Consumers make Qualifying Queries of a Product, Providers will earn rebate credits equal to 10% of the Snowflake Credits charged to the Consumer that are attributed to the queries Consumer made on the Provider’s Product. If a Consumer runs Qualifying Queries using multiple Providers’ Products, each Provider will receive a fractional rebate credit based on the percentage that their Product was accessed for those queries.
Snowflake will adjust for currency differences if Provider and Consumer transact in different currencies. If the Provider and the Consumer have purchased different Editions of Snowflake’s Service and/or are in different Regions, Snowflake will also adjust for these Edition and Region differences because Snowflake Credits have different values depending on the Edition and Region of the Snowflake Service. Snowflake will convert the Snowflake Credits consumed by the Consumer into the same dollar-to-credit ratio as the Edition and Region used by the Provider in order to calculate the amount of rebate credits earned by the Provider. This ratio will be calculated using the Edition and/or Region of their accounts at the end of the month.
4. Rebate Credit Terms. The rebate credits that you have collected as a Provider pursuant to these Rebate Terms will be automatically applied at the end of each calendar month and may only be used to reduce the number of Snowflake Credits that you consumed in that calendar month. The rebate credits that you can collect during a calendar month is capped at the number of Snowflake Credits that you consume during such period. Rebate credits do not rollover from month to month and cannot be applied to any Snowflake Credits consumed prior to or after the calendar month in which the applicable rebate credits were collected.
Snowflake’s decisions and records regarding rebate credit calculations and consumption will be final and binding in all respects. The total aggregate number of rebate credits you have accrued and consumed will be displayed on your Snowflake invoices. It is your responsibility to check your Snowflake invoices regularly to ensure that rebate credits have been properly issued and applied to your account balance, and that your balances are accurate. If you believe that rebate credits have not been properly issued or applied to your account balance, you must contact Snowflake at [email protected] within sixty (60) days of the date of the applicable invoice.
Rebate credits cannot be combined across organizations. Rebate credits are promotional in nature and have no cash value. Under no circumstances are rebate credits redeemable for cash or cash-equivalents. Rebate credits have no value outside this Rebate Program.
Rebate credits cannot be assigned, exchanged, sold, traded, bartered, purchased, gifted or otherwise transferred. Any rebate credits purported to be transferred in violation of the foregoing sentence are void. The earning of rebate credits does not entitle you to any vested rights, and Snowflake does not guarantee in any way the continued availability of any rebate credits.
5. Additional Terms. Snowflake reserves the right to prohibit the application of the Rebate Program in combination with other discounts and/or promotions.
Any rebate credits that cannot be verified and/or calculated to the satisfaction of Snowflake are subject to adjustment, cancellation, disqualification, or revocation at its sole discretion.
Snowflake will not be liable for the failure of any rebate credits to be accurately issued or applied for any reason, including, but not limited to, any technical malfunction or other problems relating to any network, computer system, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software.
Snowflake reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to (i) investigate, invalidate, and revoke any rebate credits we deem to have been awarded in error, or as the result of any actual or suspected fraudulent or dishonest activity (including without limitation, the use of any system, macro, script, or bot to manipulate the Rebate Program) or as the result of any Provider conduct in violation of these Rebate Terms or any applicable Customer Agreement and (ii) bar further rebate credits from being issued to any and all accounts of any customer associated with any such violations or actual or suspected fraudulent or dishonest activity. If Snowflake has any reason to suspect fraudulent or dishonest activity is associated with your use of the Snowflake Service, Snowflake reserves the right to delay or withhold the issuance or use of rebate credits.
Snowflake reserves the right to make adjustments to your pre-purchased Snowflake Credits to offset any revoked rebate credits.
If your Customer Agreement expires or terminates or your Snowflake Service Account is suspended or terminated for any reason, you forfeit any rebate credits. Snowflake is also not liable for rebate credits sent to suspended or terminated Accounts.
Snowflake reserves the right to place limits on the number of rebate credits that can be accrued or consumed in a given time period.
You will be solely responsible for any and all tax liability arising out of any benefits received in connection with the Rebate Program.
6. E-mail Communications. By participating in the Rebate Program, you agree to receive e-mail communications from Snowflake regarding the Rebate Program, including without limitation, communications regarding your rebate credits.
7. Rebate Program Termination/Modification.
8. Miscellaneous. Any disputes related to these Rebate Terms and the subject matter herein will be resolved pursuant to the dispute resolution terms of your Customer Agreement. If any provision of these Rebate Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Rebate Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of these Rebate Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion. You may not assign or transfer these Rebate Terms, or its rights or obligations herein, in whole or in part without the written consent of Snowflake. Snowflake may freely assign or transfer these Rebate Terms. Any assignment or transfer in violation of the foregoing is void. These Rebate Terms are the final, complete and exclusive Rebate Terms between you and Snowflake with respect to the subject matters hereof and supersedes and merges any discussions between you and Snowflake with respect to such subject matters. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Rebate Program at any time, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease participating in the Rebate Program.