Snowflake Announces Partnership with Wipro Limited
Oct 24, 2017
Wipro establishes Snowflake Centre of Excellence to speed time to market for enterprise data analytics customers.
SAN MATEO, Calif. – October 24th , 2017 – Snowflake Computing, the only data warehouse built for the cloud, today announced the launch of the Snowflake Center of Excellence by Wipro Limited, (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company.
The Snowflake Center of Excellence is a strategic initiative by Wipro to help enterprises transition from their legacy, on-premises data analytics infrastructure to a modern, scalable solution, leveraging Snowflake’s leading-edge data warehouse built for the cloud.
Snowflake and Wipro have helped a number of large, strategic enterprise customers realize the full benefits of cloud computing and therefore accelerate their time to market. Snowflake and Wipro’s joint customers span financial services, retail and e-commerce industries. Wipro is in the process of transitioning a legacy data warehouse for a leading financial services company, and in another case, for a global leader in apparel and footwear, to Snowflake’s state-of-the-art cloud data warehouse.
The Snowflake Centre of Excellence for enterprise data analytics offers the following:
- Trained consultants – A growing practice of 450+ data management and data analytics experts trained on Snowflake and many legacy platforms.
- Access to Wipro’s proprietary technology – Migration tools, frameworks and accelerators to help enterprises migrate from their current infrastructure to Snowflake.
- Data analytics expertise – Wipro brings decades of consulting experience from successful data warehouse, data analytics and big data implementations.
- Faster time to market – Wipro’s migration methodology and Snowflake’s ease-of-use deliver cloud-native solutions in a fraction of the time of traditional migration options.
By migrating to Snowflake’s data warehouse, enabled by Wipro, enterprises also get the six defining qualities of the no. 1 cloud data warehouse:
- All of your data – Store and analyze petabytes of structured and semi-structured data (JSON, XML, AVRO) from a single source of truth to quickly extract critical insight.
- All of your users – An architecturally unlimited amount of concurrent users and applications can gain access without eroding performance.
- Pay only for what you use – Snowflake’s built-for-the-cloud solution scales storage separate from compute, up and down, transparently and automatically.
- Zero management – Snowflake reduces complexity with built-in performance so there’s no infrastructure to tweak, no knobs to turn and no tuning required.
- Complete SQL database – Snowflake supports the tools millions of business users already know how to use today.
- Data sharing – Snowflake extends the data warehouse to the Data Sharehouse™, with direct, governed and secure data sharing within seconds so enterprises can easily forge one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many data sharing relationships.
“Our partnership with Wipro provides our enterprise customers with an end-to-end solution, comprising the only built-for-the-cloud data warehouse with the expertise of a leading global services provider,” Snowflake’s Vice President of Alliances, Walter Aldana said. “Together, we provide peace of mind for many large customers moving away from on-premises legacy environments to an all-cloud strategic deployment.”
Pallab Deb, Vice President and Global Head – Analytics, Wipro Limited said, “Our partnership with Snowflake represents a significant, long-term commitment to serve enterprise companies and help them streamline their operations, better serve their customers and lead their industries. We believe that Snowflake’s offerings can be a game changer and we will work jointly with them to facilitate wider adoption by clients. We continue to see a massive shift in customers migrating their entire analytics infrastructure to the cloud and we believe our partnership with Snowflake will continue to yield the best results for Wipro, Snowflake, and most of all, our joint customers.”
- Snowflake Computing: snowflake.net
- Snowflake Twitter: twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/snowflakecomputing
- Google+: http://goo.gl/WQbQp2
- Snowflake is hiring: http://www.snowflake.com/about/careers/
About Snowflake Computing
Snowflake is the only data warehouse built for the cloud. Snowflake delivers the performance, concurrency and simplicity needed to store and analyze all data available to an organization in one location. Snowflake’s technology combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, the elasticity of the cloud, and live data sharing at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits. Find out more at snowflake.net.
About Wipro Limited
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 160,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.