Unstructured data accounts for a vast and rapidly growing amount of information. However, unstructured data poses a number of challenges for organizations attempting to extract value from it using legacy data management tools. With Snowflake, you can easily store, access, govern, process, and share unstructured data all within a single platform.
Using an excerpt of the Enron email corpus for learning and exploration purposes, in this hands-on lab, you will learn how to:
- Access and store unstructured data with internal and external stages
- Govern unstructured data with role-based access controls
- Catalog unstructured data using directory tables
- Perform named entity extraction using a Java UDF
- Securely share unstructured data
To follow along with this hands-on-lab, you will need:
- Completed the Zero to Snowflake quickstart guide
- Snowflake Trial Account
- SnowSQL CLI installed on the workstation where the lab will be run.
- Utility to uncompress *.tar.gz on the workstation.
Unstructured Data on Snowflake – 20 minutes
Getting Started with Unstructured Data in Snowflake – 70 minutes