Understanding and Overcoming Challenges in Data Warehouse Modernization
Date: September 28, 2017
As the rate of data management innovation accelerates, many data warehouse professionals are beginning to identify where gaps in the conventional data warehouse architecture prevent the organization from getting the best advantage from its information assets. Open source platforms, big data systems, and cloud computing all promise to revolutionize the pervasiveness of business intelligence and analytics across the organization. Consequently, many of these professionals are exploring ways to modernize their business intelligence, reporting, and analytics environments.
There is no denying the impact of the cloud on the opportunities for data warehouse modernization. In this webinar, we consider some of the factors in deciding to migrate to cloud data warehousing, the key benefits, the inherent challenges, and suggestions for overcoming these challenges.
Attendees will learn about:
- Economic factors for cloud-based BI/analytics
- Simplifying the process of building data warehouses
- Benefits of “data warehousing-as-a-service”
- Architectural optimizations for dynamic scalability and elasticity
- Balancing the reliance on on-premises and cloud-based platforms
- Ideas for information monetization