Many companies started their big data journey a decade ago with Hadoop, Hive and processing systems such as Spark. At the time, these solutions were revolutionary. But they quickly caused unexpected complexities and scaling issues, and working with them isn’t always easy.
In this webinar, Snowflake customer IQVIA will share its Snowflake journey, and how it moved its transformation workloads to Snowflake with Snowpark. With this migration, the IQVIA developers were able to modernize and consolidate their data engineering pipelines while maintaining their preferred development interface with DataFrame.
Watch this on-demand webinar to learn about:
- The challenges IQVIA was facing
- How Snowpark simplified its architecture with an easy transition from Spark
- How IQVIA was able to achieve savings and architecture simplicity
- The effort involved in the migration process
- Learnings and tips from the migration project
Sr. Director, Clinical Data Analytics, IQVIA
Consulting Manager, Snowflake