Many companies started their big data journey a decade ago with Hadoop, Hive and processing systems such as Spark. At the time, these solutions were revolutionary. But they quickly caused unexpected complexities and scaling issues, and working with them isn’t always easy.
In this webinar, Snowflake customer IQVIA will share its Snowflake journey, and how it moved its transformation workloads from Hadoop and Spark-based systems to Snowflake with Snowpark. With this migration, the IQVIA developers were able to modernize and consolidate their data engineering pipelines while maintaining their preferred development interface with DataFrame.
Join us October 19 to learn about:
- The challenges IQVIA was facing
- How Snowpark simplified its architecture with an easy transition from Spark
- How IQVIA was able to achieve 3x cost savings
- The effort involved in the migration process
- Learnings and tips from the migration project
Sr. Director, Clinical Data Analytics, IQVIA
Consulting Manager, Snowflake