Pricing is one of the most crucial business decisions a startup will make. And a great product married with an easy-to-understand consumption-based pricing model can pack a powerful one-two punch for your growing business. When customers pay only for what they use, they get more flexibility and can experience your solution with less risk, while providers can scale with agility and better understand customers’ behavior and usage patterns.
This playbook contains best practices for startups that want to adopt—or refine— consumption-based pricing models, focusing on five key areas:
- How to choose a value metric
- Modernizing your sales process and compensation structure
- Rethinking your revenue playbook
- Helping customers predict and optimize spend
- Leveraging data for maximum advantage
Read on to learn about the benefits you’ll achieve by adopting consumption-based pricing, the steps to make it happen, and how Snowflake helps consumption-based applications thrive.