Snowflake Announces Finalists for First Annual Data Drivers Awards Program
May 09, 2019
The global awards program finalists include Electronic Arts, Instacart, Sony, Square and more.
SAN MATEO, CA – May 9, 2019 – Snowflake Inc., the only data warehouse built for the cloud, today announced the finalists for its first annual Data Drivers global awards program. The program will recognize companies and individuals who exemplify what it means to implement data-driven strategies that deliver increased innovation, more business value, and a better customer experience.
The Data Drivers Awards program features three nomination categories: Business Awards, Individual & Team Awards, and the top and most coveted award of all: Data Driver of the Year. For each award, organizations submitted their use-case stories and examples of their achievements, sharing the details of how they are using data to drive modern decision-making within their companies.
Winners in each category will be announced onstage during a keynote presentation by Snowflake CEO, Frank Slootman, at Snowflake’s first-ever user conference called Snowflake Summit in San Francisco, CA, June 3–6, 2019.
The 2019 Data Drivers Awards finalists are:
- Machine Learning Masters: Recognizes an organization that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to reveal data-driven insights to transform the customer journey and the user experience.
- Data Sharing Leaders: Recognizes an organization revolutionizing data as a strategic business asset, transforming its business through easily and securely sharing and monetizing live, governed data with customers and business partners.
- Navis, nominated by Sigma Computing
- Wunderman Thompson Data
- Data for Good: Recognizes an organization using enhanced data analytics to help save, extend, and improve lives or the environment, globally.
- Children’s Hospital Association
- Parkinson’s UK
Individual & Team Awards
- Data Executive of the Year (Individual): Recognizes a key individual (CTO, CIO, or VP-level) who serves as a strategic leader, pioneering cloud data analytics within their organization and breaking new ground in their industry.
- Vlad Valeyev, Chief BI Architect – Electronic Arts
- Andrew Cathie, Chief Data Scientist – Harmoney
- Helen Hunter, Group Chief Data Officer – Sainsbury
- Data Pioneer of the Year (Individual): Recognizes a technology leader championing and driving the implementation of their company’s modern data analytics program.
- Dharmesh Panchmatia, Sr. Director, E-commerce – Cisco Systems
- Aaron Davis, Sr. Director of Data & Intelligence – Expedia
- Avinash Deshpande, Chief Software Architect – Logitech
- Jon Durrant, Director of Architecture – Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Data Science Manager of the Year (Individual): Recognizes a technology trailblazer who has implemented a world-class data science program within their organization through data visualization.
- Ravi Poruri, Head of BI and Data – Dropbox
- Indrasis Mondal, Director of Big Data Engineering & Data Products – Hulu
- Trevor Beuthel, Data Science & Engineering Manager – Vibes
- Best Data Team (Team): Recognizes an outstanding business intelligence or data science team driving the success of its data-driven enterprise by unifying enterprise data and empowering analytics users.
- DoorDash – Analytics Team led by Jessica Lachs, and nominated by Chartio
- Instacart – Data Warehouse Architect Team led by Tamir Rozenberg
- Square – BI & Analytics Team led by Julia King
- Vice Media – Business Analytics Team led by Gabrielle White
- 2019 Data Driver of the Year: Top category that honors an organization that epitomizes what it means to be data-driven. The winning company has a story that shows how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy impacts numerous facets within its business.
- Capital One, nominated by Snowflake
- Turner Broadcasting, nominated by Clarity Insights
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
“The Data Drivers award finalists represent a premier group of customers who are empowering their organizations with data-driven decision making,” Snowflake Chief Marketing Officer, Denise Persson, said. “We’ve been very impressed with their stories and as a company, Snowflake is honored to be a part of their business success.”
- Snowflake Inc.: snowflake.com
- Snowflake Summit: snowflake.com/summit/
- Data Drivers: snowflake.com/data-drivers
- Twitter: twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
- Snowflake careers: snowflake.net/about/careers
About Snowflake Inc.
Snowflake is the only data warehouse built for the cloud, enabling the data-driven enterprise with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits. Find out more at snowflake.com.