The following rules, terms and conditions (“Official Rules”) govern your entry to and participation in the Snowflake Data Marketplace Challenge (“Contest”). Your participation and submission of a contest entry constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Contest is Snowflake Inc. 450 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA, 94402, United States
2. DATES AND TIMELINE. Snowflake’s computer will be the Contest’s official clock, and all times are provided in Pacific Time.
Contest Submission Period: February 16, 2021 to March 16, 2021
Judging Period: March 16, 2021 – April 6, 2021
3.1. Eligible Entrants. To enter the Contest, individuals (“Contestants”) must be (a) 18 years or older as of the date of the entry; (b) a legal U.S. resident; and (c) not a government official, which includes any government employee; candidate for public office; and employee of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations, and political parties.
By submitting an entry to the Contest, you represent and warrant that these rules are binding on you. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer’s or any company’s policies and procedures.
3.2. Ineligible Entrants. Dataset providers promoting the Contest, including ThoughtSpot, Starschema, SafeGraph, and Knoema, (collectively, “Data Partners”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. Employees of Snowflake and Data Partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, representatives, agents, immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute in its sole discretion at any time during the Contest Submission Period.
Individuals are not eligible to participate (a) if they are, or employed by an entity, that is professionally involved in the development or administration of this Contest; (b) are residents of, or domiciled in, Brazil, Quebec, or any other country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating in a contest or receiving a prize in the Contest or a country where a prize cannot be awarded; and (c) are on the list of prohibited entities or persons as published by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
4. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, between 5:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on February 16, 2021 and 11:59:59 P.M. PT on March 16, 2021(“Contest Submission Period”), visit https://www.snowflake.com/data-marketplace-challenge/ (“Contest Site”) and follow all posted instructions to submit the answer to the posted question, justification, and visualization. This information (the “Entry”) must meet the requirements as described below.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER CONTESTANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified and will not be considered. All entries must be received by Sponsor by the close of the Contest Submission Period. Entries are void if they are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, or late. All Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that business email address and proof of eligibility. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain.
5.1. Entry. In addition to the requirements in Section 3 above, the Contestant must include the following: (a) a complete profile, including first and last name, business email address, phone number, job function, company name, and state; (b) an answer to the question posed in the category Contestant has chosen leveraging, at a minimum, the suggested dataset; (c) a written justification of the answer (up to 500 words); (d) a document showing the SQL code used; and (e) visualization of the answer submitted to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KRB5RPL. Once submitted, the entry cannot be changed or updated. Entries submitted outside of the Contest Submission Period are invalid and will not be considered. Incomplete Entries also are invalid and will not be considered. Entries cannot be acknowledged and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors, omissions or failures in submission of any Entry or in the Contestant not maintaining accurate contact information during the Contest Submission Period.
5.2. Language. All Entries and submission materials must be in English.
5.3. Snowflake Account. All contestants must sign up for a free trial account using the link located at https://signup.snowflake.com/?owner=SDM-data-marketplace-challenge&plan=standard&cloud=aws®ion=us-east-1. Contestants will be directed to accept the Self Service Trial Terms: Self-Service On Demand Terms of Service (available for review at https://www.snowflake.com/legal/). Each trial account is provided with $400 USD of Snowflake credits.
6. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRIES. By submitting an Entry, the Contestant represents and warrants that the Entry and submission materials and any presentations are original, not copied, in whole or in part, and are exclusively owned and gratuitously provided without any restriction or limitation on use, do not contain any intellectual property of any other person or entity, do not contain any confidential or proprietary information of any entity or person, and do not contain any material that violates any privacy or publicity right of any person, do not reflect any duty of attribution, or any compensation obligation. Further, each Entry, submission materials and presentations shall not contain any content that would violate any law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation, or any agreement with another person or entity. No entry or submission materials shall contain software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots, or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt damage, impact, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware in any way. Contestant agrees to indemnify, defend, and otherwise hold the Sponsor harmless, including for attorneys’ fees, if any claims are made, including any claims of any third party rights in the Entry and submission materials, and presentations, or if the entry, submission materials and presentations violate any law, policy or any other limitation on use as set out above or otherwise.
7. VERIFICATION. During the Contest Submission Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Contest Judges will evaluate the Entry and submission materials for the Contestant’s compliance with the Official Rules and that the Entry and submission materials meet the Requirements for the Entry and submission materials to be judged in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry and submission materials that it ascertains at any time do not meet the Requirements and these Official Rules during or after the Contest Submission Period. Sponsor further reserves the right before awarding any prize to have Contestant execute a Declaration (or Affidavit) of Compliance and agreement with the Official Rules, compliance with all applicable laws, and/or confirmation of eligibility, the publicity release and the copyright license in connection with any round of the Contest.
8.1. Intellectual Property. Subject to the licenses described below, any applicable intellectual property rights to an Entry, submission materials and presentations will be owned by and remain with the Contestant.
8.2. Sponsor Rights. By entering the Contest, Contestant grants to the Sponsor and any other third parties acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license to display publicly and use for promotional and other purposes the Entry, submission materials and presentations in perpetuity without further consideration or payment of any type. This license includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to the Entry on Sponsor’s and partners’ websites and applications, including the Contest Site, and displaying and promoting the Entry in any other media, worldwide, including publication of the name, description, images, video URL, website URL, and Contestant.
8.3. Each Contestant represents and warrants that the Sponsor and its partners are free to use the Entry in the manner described above, as provided or as modified by the Sponsor, without obtaining permission or license from any third party and without any compensation to Contestant.
9. JUDGING. Eligible Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor for each Round as specified below (the “Contest Judges”). Contest Judges will include employees of the Sponsor, including Vice Presidents of Strategy in the fields of healthcare and life sciences, media, and retail. Judging will take place in one or more rounds with one or more panels of Contest Judges, at the discretion of the Sponsor. All decisions of the Contest Judges and Sponsor are final, non-appealable, and binding, and in their sole discretion applying the criteria to the Entries. By participating in this Contest, each Contestant agrees it has no right to request, and Sponsor has no obligation to disclose, the score or assessment given to its Entry at any time in any round of the Contest or in the entirety of the Contest.
10. CRITERIA AND SELECTION. Evaluation by Contest Judges of all eligible Entries to select one winner in each category. Contest Judges will score Entries according to the following criteria: (a) extent to which the use of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform contributed to the written response and visualization; (b) beyond the required dataset, the utilization of additional datasets from the Snowflake Data Marketplace in Contestant’s written response and visualization; and (c) the creativity in the written response and visualization (collectively, “Criteria”). The Criteria shall be judged equally. The winner of each category shall be notified on or about April 16, 2021 and will be identified on the Contest Site.
11. CONTEST PRIZES.
11.1. All eligible Contestants who have submitted a complete Entry will receive a Snowflake branded gift (“Entry Gift”). The total approximate retail value of each Entry Gift is approximately $20 USD.
11.2. Winner Prize. In addition to the Entry Gift, Sponsor will promote each of the winners in a promotional blog post written that will be posted on an official Snowflake website (such as https://www.snowflake.com/blog/); winners will also be featured in one or more marketing channels such as the Snowflake Data Marketplace homepage (https://www.snowflake.com/data-marketplace/), the Snowflake Community homepage (https://community.snowflake.com/s/), or a Snowflake educational webinar; each winner will also receive (i) 8000 Snowflake Community Data Superhero points; (ii) a copy of Rise of the Data Cloud; (iii) a virtual meet-and-greet event with Benoit Dageville, Co-Founder & President of Products; (iv) complimentary access to the Snowflake SnowPro Core Certification Preparation Course and exam registration fees; and (v) the Snowflake Fundamentals 4-Day Course. The total approximate retail value of each Winner’s Prize is $4,500 USD.
11.3. Non-Transferable. No Prize is transferable or assignable to any other person or entity. Prizes have no cash value and cannot be substituted except in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
By entering the Contest, Contestant agrees that these Official Rules are the controlling rules for the Contest and Contestant agrees to be bound exclusively by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions; transmission problems; technical failures; garbled transmissions; damage to user’s software or transmission devices; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise that may occur in connection with the Contest.
If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of proceeding as planned for reasons outside the control of Sponsor, including due to any Coronavirus restrictions or other limitations, which in the sole discretion of Sponsor, may impact the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or any portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or a portion thereof) and, in that event, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any Contestant.
Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Contestant if it or its Representative or other individuals associated with it, are found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or any website maintained or operated by Sponsor; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic programmed or like type of entry methods; (c) violating these Official Rules; or (d) engaging in unethical, inappropriate or disruptive action or conduct, or taking any action inconsistent with the Official Rules, the fairness of the Contest and the reputation of Snowflake.
Any failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or bar Sponsor from enforcing that term subsequently in connection with the Contest. The headings in these Official Rules are inserted for convenience and identification only, and are not intended to describe, interpret, define or limit the scope or intent of these Official Rules for the Contest. By submitting an entry, Contestant waives any right it may have to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules or any advantage or any impact on interpretation of these Official Rules that may arise from any such ambiguity claim. These Official Rules shall be construed by Sponsor in its sole discretion, its decisions shall be binding and final.
14. WARRANTIES. By entering this Contest, Contestant represents and warrants that its participation complies with these Official Rules and that it has sufficient rights to (1) authorize the publication and dissemination of the Entry, submission materials and presentations; (2) allow Sponsor to use and to authorize others to use, publish and disseminate the Entry, submission materials and presentations. Further, Contestant is entirely responsible for its Entry, submission materials and presentations, in whole or in part, if: (a) determined to be defamatory, offensive or otherwise inappropriate; (b) determined to violate any laws, rules or regulations; (c) determined to be infringing, or constitute a misappropriation of any intellectual property rights or confidential or proprietary information of any third party; or (d) determined to violate these Official Rules. Each Entry, and all submission materials and presentations must be true and accurate and in compliance with these Official Rules in all regards. No Contestant shall seek the assistance of any officer, director, employee of Snowflake apart from these Official Rules and the Contest to attempt to gain any advantage. At any time, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to remove the Entry, submission materials and presentations from the Contest website, in whole or in part, for any violation of these Official Rules.
15. PUBLICITY AND LICENSE GRANT. Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an Entry, Contestant expressly consents for Sponsor in its sole discretion to use the name and trademark, if any, of the Contestant, the country location, photo or likeness, and/or the background of the Contestant, and the Entry, submission materials and presentations, in whole or in part, in connection with the Contest and the business of Sponsor, in any form of media, now known or hereafter created, worldwide, without further permission, payment, or any other consideration.
16. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. You agree that nothing in these Official Rules or in any other statements made in connection with the Contest, grants to any Contestant the right to use or license any intellectual property of Sponsor. Contestant shall not use the name, trademarks, service marks, logos, any copyrighted material or any other intellectual property of Sponsor without the express written consent of Sponsor, which Sponsor may withhold in its sole discretion. Further, Sponsor retains all rights, including media rights, to promote the Contest and the background and story of the Contest, including any Contestant’s participation in the Contest in its sole discretion.
17. NO OBLIGATION OF PROGRAM ENTITIES REGARDING SUBMISSION MATERIALS. Contestant acknowledges that third parties may submit information to Sponsor separate from the Contest that may contain information, ideas, concepts, and approaches similar to, or the same as, those any Contestant submits or submitted to the Contest, and that Sponsor may already be working on information, ideas, concepts, and approaches similar to, or the same as, those the Contestant submits or submitted to the Contest. By entering, Contestant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor’s actions with respect to another entry or work of its own or of any third party, even if similar to, or the same as, the Contestant’s entry, will not create any liability of any kind to Sponsor or others involved in the Contest. Contestant also acknowledges and agrees that participation in the Contest, receipt of a Prize and/or designation as a Winner does not create any obligation on the part of the Sponsor to promote, use in any way, or to take any further action regarding the Entry, submission materials or presentations of the Contestant or the Contestant’s involvement in the Contest apart from these Official Rules.
RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THE PROGRAM, CONTESTANT AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING AS APPLICABLE ANY PRIZE AWARD, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO REASONABLE, ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED $1,000 USD, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY CONTESTANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET THIRD PARTY EXPENSES ACTUALLY INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED $1,000 USD, OR ANY RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) CONTESTANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
18. ADDITIONAL TERMS.
18.1. Further, by entering the Contest, Contestant agrees to defend, indemnify, release, and hold the Sponsor and any related entities and persons (including but not limited to Contest Judges, and any person involved in administering the Contest) harmless against any and all claims against the Sponsor (including but not limited to Contest Judges, and any person involved in administering the Contest) resulting from or in connection with your breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations of the Contestant specified in these Official Rules, including claims related to, in connection with, or arising from the Entry, submission materials or presentations, the use and publication of the Entry, submission materials or presentations, the Contest, travel or other activities relating to, or arising from, the Contest, and any Prize received.
18.2. Contestant assumes any and all risks associated with the posting and use of the Entry, submission materials, and presentations, travel and activities arising from or in connection with the Contest, and expressly waives and releases any and all claims or causes of action against the Sponsor, their officers, employees, representatives, and agents for any and all injury and damage of any nature whatsoever (whether existing or thereafter, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, and whether foreseeable or not), arising from the Entry, submission materials and presentations, including but not limited to the ideas submitted to the Contest, and any travel or other activities arising from or in connection with the Contest.
INDEMNIFICATION. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE SPONSOR (AND CONTEST JUDGES, AND ANY OTHER PERSONS ADMINISTERING THE CONTEST) AND EACH OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, AND SHAREHOLDERS (THE “INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”) HARMLESS FROM ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, COST, OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS) INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIM, DEMAND, OR ACTION (“CLAIM”) BROUGHT OR ASSERTED AGAINST ANY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, ALLEGING FACTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF ANY PROVISION OF THE THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE CONTESTANT; ARISING FROM, RELATED TO, OR CONNECTED WITH YOUR ENTRY, SUBMISSION MATERIALS, PRESENTATIONS AND PARTICIPATION IN ANY WAY IN ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE. IF YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE INDEMNIFICATION PURSUANT TO THIS PROVISION, SPONSOR MAY, IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, CONTROL THE DISPOSITION OF ANY CLAIM AT YOUR SOLE COST AND EXPENSE. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT SETTLE, COMPROMISE, OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISPOSE OF ANY CLAIM WITHOUT THE SPONSOR’S EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.
19. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTIONS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules and/or the rights and obligations of each Contestant, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor, Contest Judges and anyone involved in administering the Contest will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Any litigation arising out of, in connection with, or relating to these Official Rules must be filed and pursued exclusively in the State or Federal courts in San Francisco, California, and each Contestant participating in this Contest, and any related person or entity, consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in the State or Federal Courts in San Francisco, California.