Weather Source: Premier Weather Data for Analytics
A curated continuum of hyper-local past, present, forecast, and climatology weather data.
Instantly access hyper-local weather and climate data in Snowflake for actionable business intelligence. Weather Source offers a curated continuum of weather data from the year 2000 to present and with a forecast view of up to 46 days. Weather Source data, which is ideal for analytics and machine learning, covers every landmass in the world and up to 200 miles offshore.
Reveal meaningful observations for a variety of industries. For example:
* Retail & Food Service: Analyze weather’s effects on seasonal product sales and footfall traffic.
* Finance: Deploy weather data to find alpha and generate optimum trade signals.
* Real Estate: Monitor weather’s impact on asset locations.
* Energy: Anticipate weather anomalies and potential changes in demand forecasts.
* Logistics: Identify weather events and perils that result in delivery delays.
* Healthcare: Understand weather’s influence on emergency room and clinic visits.
Query weather and climate data for the points of interest most relevant to your business—from lat/lon coordinates to geographically bounded areas such as ZIP or Postal Code, designated market area, metropolitan statistical area, and more. Weather Source data is delivered via its high-resolution OnPoint grid, which ensures your location of interest is never more than 1.2 miles away from a grid point.
Weather Source’s products are available on an annual subscription basis, with pricing determined by the number of locations and resources (past, present, forecast, climatology) licensed. Weather Source also supports AWS, Azure, and GCP customers via Snowflake data sharing.
About the Provider:
Weather Source is a leading provider of weather and climate technologies for business intelligence. Since 2015, Weather Source has enabled companies to quantify the impact of weather on their business operations and reduce waste, increase return on investment, fine-tune logistics, optimize marketing, improve resource planning, and more.
*The Data Marketplace is not yet available in GCP.
Get access to the Weather Source – Premier Weather Data for Analytics Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account*