Stats Perform: Opta Data: Football – SAMPLE
Sample Opta dataset from Matchday 38 of the 2017-18 English Premier League season
For over 25 years, Opta data has been collected, packaged and distributed to Stats Perform clients around the world.
Our football data is available at different tiers, starting with basic fixture and results information, to box-score and aggregated season stats, through to detailed granular event data from every game played in a competition.
Our most detailed data points are captured by highly skilled Opta data analysts, who use bespoke software to collect consistent, accurate data in dedicated collection hubs. They record the xy coordinates and time of every on-ball event, totalling over 3,500 events per game, providing the detail clients need to create rich content for broadcast, digital experiences and more.
Sample Data Tables:
– GAME – detailed, granular performance data on every game played during a season, available for over 200 different competitions played worldwide. The table incorporates full match details, including competition name, fixture, date and final score
– EVENT – over 3,500 detailed individual on-ball events from every game, with over 296 qualifiers and positional information
– PLAYER_GAME_STATISTIC – advanced statistics for every player that features in a match, encompassing more than 300 individual stat categories
– TEAM_GAME_STATISTIC – advanced statistics for both teams participating in a match, across 296 individual stat categories
– Event timestamp (minutes and seconds)
– Event XY field coordinates
– Team name
– Player name
– Total Touches
– Passes attempted
– Passes successful
– Chances Created
– Duels Won