Starschema: COVID-19 Epidemiological Data
Daily unpivoted, analytics-ready data on COVID-19
COVID-19 is a respiratory syndrome associated with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that was first detected in Hubei Province, PRC, in late 2019. By early 2020, the community spread of SARS-CoV-2 has been detected on all continents except Antarctica, with the WHO declaring it a pandemic on 11 March 2020. This data set collates epidemiological data on the incidence and mortality of COVID-19 cases as reported by public health authorities worldwide.
- Case count data by locality and case type
- Country/Region (ISO-3166-1 level)
- Province/State (ISO-3166-2 level)
- Case type (one of: confirmed, deaths, recovered, active)
- Case count
- Difference (since last measurement in the same area in the same case type)
- Last update
EXAMPLE USE CASE
The availability of data on the prevalence of COVID-19 by time and geographical area enables the democratization of contingency planning and disaster response. Businesses and individuals can use this data to examine a single source of truth regarding the coronavirus outbreak, assess contingency plans and make informed, data-driven decisions in view of the global health emergency.