Starschema: COVID-19 Epidemiological Data
Analytics-ready data on COVID-19: cases, vaccinations, healthcare resource availiability and more.
COVID-19 is a respiratory syndrome associated with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that was first detected in Hubei Province, PRC, in late 2019. By early 2020, the community spread of SARS-CoV-2 has been detected on all continents except Antarctica, with the WHO declaring it a pandemic on 11 March 2020. This data set collates epidemiological data on the incidence and mortality of COVID-19 cases as reported by public health xauthorities worldwide. In addition, the data set includes information on public health measures, as well as global vaccination data. Vaccine information, beginning in early 2021, includes detailed information on the number of vaccines administered as well as the minimum presumed immune population (persons who have received two vaccines of a two-dose vaccine).
EXAMPLE USE CASES
The availability of data on the prevalence of COVID-19 by time and geographical area enables the democratization of contingency planning and disaster response. Businesses and individuals can use this data to examine a single source of truth regarding the coronavirus outbreak, assess contingency plans and make informed, data-driven decisions in view of the global health emergency. In addition, various other data sources are included that bear on the handling of the pandemic, such as healthcare resource availability, demographics and testing data. Vaccination information, as well as data on the load on the healthcare system, can assist businesses and individuals in monitoring the progress of the pandemic.
– Case count data by locality and case type
– Global demographic data
– Detailed testing data (United States, Belgium, Germany, Italy)
– Global vaccination data by country
– Detailed hospitalisation data, incl. ICU beds
– Global, US state level and US county level non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs), e.g. lockdowns and mobility restrictions, as well as policy measures
– IHME forecasts
– Global healthcare delivery site data
– Google mobility data
– Country/Region (ISO-3166-1 level)
– Province/State (ISO-3166-2 level)
– Case type (one of: confirmed, deaths, recovered, active)
– Case count
– Difference (since last measurement in the same area of the same case type)
– Last update