S&P Global: SNL Metals & Mining
A comprehensive source of asset and company-level data for the mining sector worldwide.
Explore a Metals & Mining database with in-depth coverage on mining properties and companies, covering a wide array of commodities. Keep track of ongoing sector activities including initial exploration, project developments, and commodity production.
- Asset-level details on over 35,000 mines, projects, and processing facilities worldwide
- Corporate data and financial metrics for over 3,600 publicly listed mining companies
- Historical and forecast commodity supply with Mine Economics – our granular mine-level production and cost models
- Proprietary research including our global exploration budgets dataset
- Primary Entity Type: Company
- Coverage Count: 1,595,600
- Geographic Coverage: Global
- Industry Coverage: Energy and Utilities, Materials
- History Initiated: 1985
- Data Source: The majority of data is sourced from publicly available company filings (press releases, quarterly/annual reports) and collected by our-house data teams. However, some external data vendors include SMM Information & Technology Co, Ltd (Shanghai Metals Market)
About the Provider:
S&P Global Market Intelligence understands the importance of accurate, deep and insightful information. The company integrates financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, perform valuations and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities around the world use this essential intelligence to make business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering ESG solutions, deep data and insights on critical business factors. S&P Global has been providing essential intelligence that unlocks opportunity, fosters growth and accelerates progress for more than 160 years.
Get access to the S&P Global: SNL Metals & Mining Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account