S&P Global: ESG Scores
ESG company level score with the E, S & G level individual score along with underlying scoring criteria.
S&P Global ESG Scores is an environmental, social and governance data set that provides company level, dimension level, and criterial level scores based on the SAM Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) process, an annual evaluation of companies’ sustainability practices. Drawing upon 20 years of experience analyzing sustainability’s impact on a company’s long-term value creation, this is one of the most advanced ESG scoring methodologies. This dataset provides:
- Sustainability scores, that have an impact on a company’s business value drivers, including growth, profitability, capital efficiency, and risk exposure, of 7,000 + companies
- A qualitative screen based on SAM’s Media and Stakeholder Analysis (MSA evaluates a company’s response to critical sustainability issues that may arise during the year)
- Full data history dating back to 2013
- Easy linking to other S&P Global Market Intelligence identifiers
- Primary Entity Type: Company
- Coverage Count: 8,700
- Geographic Coverage: Global
- Industry Coverage: Financials, Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- History Initiated: 2013
- Point In Time: Yes
- Data Source: Non-public data directly submitted by companies, Annual Report, Sustainability/CSR Report, Company Websites, Regulatory Filings & News
About the Provider:
S&P Global Market Intelligence understands the importance of accurate, deep and insightful information. The company integrates financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, perform valuations and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities around the world use this essential intelligence to make business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering ESG solutions, deep data and insights on critical business factors. S&P Global has been providing essential intelligence that unlocks opportunity, fosters growth and accelerates progress for more than 160 years.
*The Data Marketplace is not yet available in GCP.
Get access to the S&P Global: ESG Scores Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account*