S&P Global Commodity Insights: Platts Market Data – Energy Transition
Platts market leading price assessments
Platts energy transition price assessments provide a basis for trade across global environmental markets as well as providing understanding of the reasons behind market shifts. In these emerging trading markets, understanding the correlation between regions and commodities to compete effectively has never been more important.
Platts Market Data – Energy Transition package provides access to the full breadth and depth of our energy transition market data, including contract price assessments, plus:
– A robust, transparent, and proven methodology allowing you to access the best possible reflection of market value, on the day, in a variety of regions
– Historical data to enable you to look at past market trends to inform your future plans and back testing needs
– Platts’ full suite of Voluntary Carbon Market Price Assessments. These are the most in-depth in the market, covering a wide range of projects. They are designed to bring much needed transparency to a market looking to scale and fulfill its potential as an important tool in the mission to achieve 2050 climate targets.
– Platts’ CARBEX carbon credit indices, produced in partnership with Viridios AI. CARBEX indices reflect the current market value for specific project types that carry defined sets of Sustainable Development Goals co-benefits, as defined by the United Nations General Assembly.
– Platts’ full suite of daily hydrogen price assessments, which bring transparency across regions and production pathways including North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. These demonstrate the production cost of hydrogen for Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) production methods, including some regions Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), along with prices for Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Electrolysis, Alkaline Electrolysis, Auto Thermal Reforming (ATR), Coal Gasification and Lignite Gasification production pathways, depending on the production hubs.
– Platts’ growing suite of Ammonia assessments. These include cargo prices on a CFR basis into Asia, Northwest Europe, and the US Gulf Coast, and cargo prices on an FOB basis loaded in the Middle East and the Black Sea.
– Daily assessments of Methane Performance Certificates (MPCs). These are certificates traded on the spot market that represent avoided methane emissions from the production of a specific volume of natural gas
About the Provider:
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, our complete view of global energy and commodities markets enables our customers to make decisions with conviction and create long-term, sustainable value. For more than 100 years, we’ve been a trusted connector that brings together thought leaders, market participants, governments, and regulators to co-create solutions that lead to progress. Vital to navigating Energy Transition, S&P Global Commodity Insights’ coverage includes oil and gas, power, chemicals, metals, agriculture, and shipping. S&P Global Commodity Insights is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI).