SafeGraph: US Census Data & Neighborhood Insights
Neighborhood insights for every Census Block Group.
SafeGraph’s Open Census Data contains 7500+ demographic attributes (like income, age, education, etc.) available at the Census Block Group level. All data from the American Community Survey is available in bulk with a clean schema and joined with Census Block Group (CBG) geometry.
SafeGraph’s open census dataset includes the following components:
- All demographic data from the American Community Survey (2016) 5-year estimate on the census block group level.
- All census block group boundaries formatted as a GeoJSON file.
- Metadata mapping attribute names to a table ID, census block groups to cities and counties, and census block groups to geographic statistics such as percentage land and water.
- SafeGraph neighborhood insights for each census block group
Example Use Cases:
- A large retail company using the data to decide where they should open a new store for their company
- A beverage-maker using the data to optimize its product-mix at restaurants, bars, and stores, based on each location’s unique profile and demographic mix
- Can use the neighborhood insights to understand what were the most popular brands visited across all neighborhoods
- Find the right place to set up a profitable restaurant
- How people behave after calamities, ie mudslides
- Economic impact of hurricanes
- How people are adversely affected due to their income brackets
Please view SafeGraph’s Documentation link for details on the data dictionary and structure.
About the Provider:
SafeGraph is the source of truth for physical places. Unlock innovation with the most accurate Points-of-Interest (POI) data, business listings, & store visitor insights data for commercial places in the U.S.
Get access to the SafeGraph: US Census Data & Neighborhood Insights Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account