Precisely: Earthquake Risk – USA
Nationwide coverage of spatially referenced earthquake risk data
Earthquake Risk provides a nationwide inventory of earthquake data to help stakeholders understand risk by location. This data is sourced from the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the National Earthquake Information Center (NEIC), the Earthquake Hazards Program.
– The Earthquake Risk product consists of a single data set/table.
Data set content includes but is not limited to:
– Unique and persistent identifier (PreciselyID) for each address in the United States.
– PreciselyID allows for association of data at the address level.
– This geo-enrichment file appends earthquake risk information to every affected address location using the PreciselyID and features proximity measurements for added insight at the address level
– Earthquake events by distance from location. (Classified by Richter Scale)
– Earthquake counts
– Distance to fault
– Fault names
– Slip information
– NEHP classifications
Attributes include but are not limited to:
– Number of events classified by Richter Scale and distance from address
– Events by Richter Scale ranges and distance from address
– Fault names
– Distance to faults from address
– Slip rates
– Fault type
– Slip direction
– Fault Age
– Dip angle of fault
– Probable Maximum Loss Zone grade (California only)
– NEHP classification
Example Use Cases
– Determine a locations proximity to high susceptibility regions for earthquake events
– Assign earthquake risk to property locations during the underwriting process
– Analyze earthquake data across an insured network to calculate geographic risk exposure, customer insurability, and probable maximum loss
– Query risk attribute of interest, or conversely derive PreciselyID for unique address
– Join risk attribute to address, or join address to risk factors using the PreciselyID
About the Provider:
Get access to the Precisely: Earthquake Risk – USA Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account