Neustar: Financial Spectrum: Asset-Based Customer Segmentation
Better predictive value. Less compliance risk. Exclusively for IXI Network Members.
Customers want us to see them, understand them and connect with them. Our job as marketers is to motivate the right audience to act — while providing an exceptional customer experience.
That’s easier said than done in Financial Services. Compliance risk has made sophisticated personalization efforts more complex. And segmentation models built upon protected class variables, like age and household composition, are problematic — hindering marketing efforts.
That’s why Equifax and Neustar have come together to deliver a powerful way to segment customers based on estimated measures of consumer financial capacity, investment style, behaviors, and characteristics — reducing possible compliance risk.
Using multi-dimensional financial and economic insights, we have identified the persistent characteristics that are most predictive for financial services marketing, enabling you to serve your customers, and your business, better.
Leveraging proprietary IXI™ Network direct-measured™ asset data, Neustar built a segmentation schema across all US households that is stable over time, and links to syndicated data sources — providing a better understanding of the likely financial profile of U.S. consumers, such as financial affluence level, asset allocation, investment style, channel preference, media usage, and other lifestyle preferences.
The development of Financial Spectrum™ relies on direct-measured assets from Equifax, additional data gathered from leading data providers, and more than 20 years of shared segmentation expertise.
• ~ $20 trillion of direct-measured assets — about 45% of all U.S. consumer invested assets
• Evaluated over 100 input variables to build the most predictive household-level segments
• Framework created using only financial data, with survey data subsequently incorporated to consolidate and help define the final segments
• No bias against affluent households; several clusters have greater than $1 million median assets
• Ability to integrate with all Equifax wealth-based solutions
• Delivered as an append to your customer data or as a prospect file
How it works:
1) Create a table containing customer records you’d like to monitor and/or enrich. This should contain one or more identifiers like email, name, phone, or address plus a unique ID.
2) Share this table with Neustar via Snowflake
3) Neustar will monitor and check your records and automatically process them, making the output available within the shared output table. Furthermore, any records that Neustar has previously processed will be continuously monitored for address changes or new phone numbers or email addresses. Use Table Streams to subscribe to these updates and always have access to the latest information about your customers.
4) As you add new customers or make updates to your customer data, Neustar will automatically recognize the changes, process the new information, and make the updated output data available in near real-time.
About the Provider:
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enable trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. Neustar offers industry-leading solutions in marketing, risk, communications, and security that responsibly connect data on people, devices and locations, continuously corroborated through billions of transactions. Neustar serves more than 8,000 clients worldwide, including 60 of the Fortune 100. Learn how your company can benefit from the power of trusted connections here: home.neustar.