Knoema: Business Data Atlas
100+ public business-related datasets from Eurostat, OECD, World Bank, and other authoritative sources.
The Business Data Atlas is a collection of public datasets allowing to measure the pulse of business in different countries across the world. Topics coverage includes business demography (number of active enterprises as well as their births, deaths), input-related variables (employees, purchases of goods and services, personnel costs, investment), output-related variables (turnover, production value, value-added), business surveys, and business climate. The data is presented in multiple perspectives: by country, legal form, economic activity, size class, etc.
– Business demography
– Output variables
– Input variables
– Business surveys
– Business doing and development indices
– Eurostat Business Demography by Legal Form
– OECD Business Demography Indicators
– OECD Timely Indicators of Entrepreneurship
– OECD Business Tendency and Consumer Opinion Surveys
– Global Entrepreneurship Monitor
– Global Entrepreneurship Index
– World Bank Doing Business
– 100+ others
Please see reference table BUSINESS_DATASETS that includes the list of all tables/datasets included in this listing, with key details on each table/dataset including name, source, frequency of refresh, source, documentation on data, etc.
– Enterprise births, deaths, and survival
– Population of active enterprises
– Number of bankruptcies
– Business confidence
– Turnover, value-added
– Production capacity
– Purchases, orders
– Material investments
Sources include the Eurostat, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Australian Bureau of Statistics, Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute, World Bank, U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. National Association of Manufacturers, National Federation of Independent Business. Datasets are updated within 1-7 days of the most recent data being made available by the underlying reporter. More detail on each of the datasets, fields, and sources included in the share can be found at the link in our documentation.
– Business demography data is used by policy decision-makers for the measurement of entrepreneurial activity and the factors that affect it.
– Business survey data is used by financial analysts to track the business cycles.
About the Provider:
Knoema is the most comprehensive source of global decision-making data in the world. Our data technology solutions compress the complex data discovery to insight workflow from countless hours to minutes, saving clients time, energy, and budget. Our data tools allow individuals and enterprises to discover, visualize, model, and present their data and the world’s data to facilitate more informed decisions and better business outcomes.
Get access to Knoema: Business Data Atlas Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account