ITS: Unemployment Data by Local Area
Local Area Unemployment Data
This data was sourced from the Bureau of Labor Statistics – Local Area Unemployment Statistics Program. The program is a federal-state cooperative effort in which monthly estimates of total employment and unemployment are prepared for over 7500 areas.
The Local Area Unemployment Dataset from ITS can be insightful for the following use cases:
- Observing employment trends across geographic regions that will impact economic activity within the region.Predicting employment and unemployment trends across regions.
- Integrating with internal sales prediction analysis to see unemployment impacts across regions.
Monthly labor force and unemployment series are available for approximately 7,500 geographic areas, including cities over 25,000 population, counties, metropolitan areas, States, and other areas.
For each area, the following measures are presented by place of residence:
- Unemployment rate
- Total number of people unemployed
- Total number of people employed
- Total civilian labor force
For states, three additional measures are available:
- Labor force participation rate
- Employment-population ratio
- Civilian noninstitutional population
About the Provider:
Get access to the ITS: Unemployment Data by Local Area Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account*