Fit-for-purpose global data at scale.
PLEASE NOTE: Data availability in Snowflake is determined by your organization’s or customer’s data subscriptions with IQVIA.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services to the life sciences industry. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA applies human data science – leveraging the analytic rigor and clarity of data science to the ever-expanding scope of human science – to enable companies to reimagine and develop new approaches to clinical development and commercialization, speed innovation, and accelerate improvements in healthcare outcomes. Powered by the IQVIA CORE, we deliver unique and actionable insights at the intersection of large-scale analytics, transformative technology and extensive domain expertise as well as execution capabilities. With approximately 67,000 employees, we conduct operations in more than 100 countries.
We have one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of healthcare information in the world, which includes more than 800 million comprehensive, longitudinal, non-identified patient records spanning sales, prescription and promotional data, medical claims, electronic medical records, genomics, and social media. Our scaled and growing information set contains over 35 petabytes of proprietary data sourced from more than 150,000 data suppliers and covering over one million data feeds globally. Based on this data, we deliver information and insights on over 85% of the world’s pharmaceuticals, as measured by 2018 sales. We standardize, curate, structure and integrate this information by applying our sophisticated analytics and leveraging our global technology infrastructure. This helps our clients run their organizations more efficiently and make better decisions to improve their clinical, commercial and financial performance. The breadth of the intelligent, actionable information we provide is not comprehensively available from any other source and our scope of information would be difficult and costly for another party to replicate.
IQVIA customers are often challenged with centralized provisioning of their global data deliverables and aligning them into a common structure for cross-functional analytics. Enabled by the IQVIA Human Data Science Cloud, IQVIA’s Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering provides a centralized hosting and data management solution to source, standardize, integrate and access IQVIA data– enabling you to gain more use and value from your global data assets. Beyond just data provisioning, IQVIA data can be standardized and integrated via IQVIA’s Global Data Model (GDM). The IQVIA Global Data Model (GDM) is the most comprehensive health data standard, providing a robust data model and the necessary information to be used as a health data exchange specification. It provides a single integrated definition of data and structures, unbiased of any system or perspective. Using a common language and framework for integration, it increases data consistency and increases coherence across systems. The GDM provides a framework for data enrichment and is continuously evolving to align with industry changes.
IQVIA data products available via data-as-a-service on Snowflake include but are not limited to:
- OneKey: OneKey is a reference data asset that provides a complete and integrated view of the evolving environment by linking prescribers and their many locations to their affiliates with group practices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare provider organizations, with insights into 680K organizations and 9M+ professionals. Please see the usage examples below for a sample of fields provided.
- Xponent: A suite of sub-national reporting providing granular prescription performance aligned to help manage customer operations, sales targeting, and representative incentive compensation
- DDD: For over 40 years, DDD has been providing pharmaceutical manufacturers with insight into which non-retail outlets are purchasing their and their competitors’ products and how sales change over time. DDD provides zip-code and account-level sales of prescription products sold into retail, non-retail, and mail channels.
- APLD: APLD is IQVIA’s Anonymized Patient-Level Data – the lowest level of granularity of transactional patient data containing longitudinal prescription (LRx) and medical claims (Dx) data.
- LAAD: LAAD is an all-inclusive master patient-centric dataset, which integrates Longitudinal Prescriptions (LRx), Lifecycle (FIA) and Professional Medical (Dx) transaction claims with the option to also include Institutional Medical (Hx) and Remittance claims. LAAD not only integrates the datasets, LAAD claims are cleansed and business logic is applied. Primary and Secondary payer information and copays are integrated into LAAD as well.
Benefits customers see are:
- Reduced delivery time and enabled quicker access to standardized data
- A single data repository for IQVIA data across client user groups
- Reduced client cost and overhead in centralizing global data assets