IPinfo: IP Address Privacy Detection
Reveal if IP addresses are running behind a VPN, proxy, TOR and/or behind a hosting provider
Our Privacy Detection data provides a way for users to unmask a user’s true IP address, including VPN detection, proxy detection, tor usage, or a connection via a hosting provider, which could potentially be used to tunnel traffic, and mask the true IP address. We perform custom full internet wide scans to detect almost 10 million active VPNs. This is combined with data on public SOCKS and HTTP proxies, tor exit nodes, and our own IP usage type classification to determine which IP ranges belong to hosting providers. The data is updated regularly, so the results are always fresh.
- IP address to Privacy Detection, updated Monthly (free sample excludes breakdown)
Example Use Case:
- Filter malicious traffic by blocking bots and spammers
- Enforce content access restrictions by detecting VPNs
- Prevent web scraping by blocking proxies and requests from servers
- Fight fraud by flagging users who are masking their identity
Daily, Weekly and Monthly
About the Provider:
Get access to the IPinfo: IP Geolocation Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account*