Foursquare: Foursquare US Places
This data set contains 20+ million highly accurate POIs in the U.S.
Foursquare Places, our point-of-interest (POI) database. Foursquare Places contains over 20M POIs in the U.S. with a 98% fill rate for core attributes. Foursquare Places is privacy-compliant, uniquely sourced, and trusted by leading enterprises like Uber, Samsung, and Apple.
We combine best-in-class methods for collecting POI data and core attributes with rich first-party and user-generated content. The result is the highest level of accuracy, freshness, and depth of POI data.
Breadth of sources – ground truth data, programmatic crawling, and strategic partnerships enable updates directly from business owners.
Data Richness – 2 million updates per month come from first party, plus over a billion user-generated photos, tips, and reviews.
Accuracy assurance – regular scoring against authoritative sources and cross-referencing with human and programmatic validation Reliability – +99% fill rate for U.S. chains
Foursquare’s Places delivery comes with 25 core attributes and a multitude of extended attributes (5 add-on options). The Core Attributes are included in all of our packages. Each extended attributes package can be licensed at an additional charge (please speak to your Foursquare representative via [email protected] for more information).The full schema including descriptions can be found here https://view.highspot.com/viewer/60147d2db7b7391ebc892c5a
Standard Fields Included:
– venueID, venuename, and translatedvenuename
– city, dma, state, postalcode, and countrycode
– category information (primary and secondary)
– chainid, chainname, parentid
– hours and hours_popular
– phonenumber, url, facebookid, instagramhandle, twittername
– popularity_score (i.e. Foursquare’s calculated foot traffic score)
– score_venuereality (i.e. Foursquare’s calculated confidence score)
Rich Attribute Add On Options:
All Extended Attributes (37 fields)
Reviews, Tips, Tastes & Menus (17 fields)
Calculated Scores (2 fields)
Ratings, Hours, Social Media (13 fields)
Best Photos (3 fields)
Detailed information on each field can be found here: https://view.highspot.com/viewer/60147d2db7b7391ebc892c5a
– Place Search/Recommendation for Consumer Experience. Types of customers range from social platforms (e.g. enabling global geotags for Twitter) to Food Delivery (e.g. restaurant discovery for DoorDash) to Ride Hail (e.g. global Places for Uber).
– Site Selection or Retail Planning. Any company with a physical footprint of over 100+ locations will benefit from Foursquare Places data to better enable site selection decisions. Customers typically fall into the Retail, Dining, and Hospitality industries.
– Competitive Benchmarking. Understand how foot traffic to your locations indexes by neighborhood, market, state, or country versus your competition.
– Transaction cleansing for financial services companies.
About the Provider:
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Get access to the Foursquare: Foursquare US Places Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account