Facteus: US Consumer Payments
Gain unique insights into consumer spending trends across millions of consumer payment cards
Transaction Data has become one of the most important forms of alternative data because it represents the “truth” in consumer spending behavior. Whether you’re looking for macro, micro or company-specific trends, Facteus’ U.S. Consumer Payments give you a distinct advantage because of the panel’s breadth and depth of coverage of U.S. consumer spending, delivering unmatched intelligence and insight into the drivers behind company performance or industry trends.
– Well-balanced distribution of card types, demographics, geography, and transaction indicators not found in other data panels
– Broadest array of data fields, including date, age, category and cardholder spend, transaction counts and many more
– Largest panel in the market with 20+ million active cards with history back to 2012
– Insight into new demographic segments: Millennial, Gen Z, and the Underbanked – younger, tech-savvy consumers – and low-to-middle income users that are underrepresented in other transaction data sets
– Proprietary data enhancements such as tagging of more than 1,600 merchants and 500 tickers
– Data is directly sourced from Financial Institutions, processors and fintechs, delivering the most granular data fields in the industry and decreased latency (see transactions within 1-4 day lag)
– Transaction indicators to enhance data analysis – Online/Offline, Date/Time stamp, merchant location
– US Consumer Payments: Consumer Transaction Data
– Transaction Amount
– Transaction Date
– Merchant Name
– Ticker Symbol
– Cardholder Zip
– And Many More
Example Use Cases:
– A long-term strategy investment firm focused in the retail sector was missing out on consumer shifts in spending behavior around the growth of debit card usage and e-commerce. With the addition of debit card transactions and online/offline indicators they are now able to see consumer spending shifts across all demographic and income segments, as well as the strength of online shopping across their portfolio companies
– Consulting firm was asked to help understand current consumer spending trends to inform media/advertising plans for their clients. Could not access raw transaction data due to privacy issues. Using synthetic transaction data from Facteus they were able to approximate their clients’ and its competitors’ sales and opportunities for increased awareness.
– A top QSR/Coffee chain couldn’t gain insights into its competition’s sales and operating strategy to better inform its marketing strategy. Through real-time insights within Facteus data, it was able to see what other QSRs’ demographic time-of-day profile was, and saw that a key competitor was eroding market share in a specific geographic region due to opening earlier and closing later.
About the Provider:
Facteus is a leading provider of actionable insights from sensitive transaction data. Through its innovative synthetic data process, Facteus safely transforms raw financial transaction data from legacy technologies into actionable information, without compromising data privacy. The company’s data products have been gathered directly from over 1,000 financial institutions, payment companies, fintechs, and debit card programs, giving business and investment executives access to the “truth” of actual consumer financial transactions, not just general trends.
Get access to Facteus: US Consumer Payments Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account