Element Data: World Bank – World Development Indicators
Collection of world development indicators
This data catalog of world development indicators is a compilation for various country-wise development KPIs recorded by The World Bank.
The World Development Indicators is a compilation of relevant, high-quality, and internationally comparable statistics about global development and the fight against poverty. The database contains 1,400 time series indicators for 217 economies and more than 40 country groups, with data for many indicators going back more than 50 years.
Data themes include:
– Poverty & Inequality
– States & Markets
– Global Links
The database consists of following six tables along with their description:
1. WDICountry: Table consists of Country wise information listing Country Code, Currency Unit, Region, Latest Population Census etc. Country Code is the primary key.
2. WDICountry-Series: Table contains country code-wise list of indicator codes along with their description. The primary key consists of country code and indicator code.
3. WDIData: Table contains country-code & indicator-code wise listing of measures for each year. For each year, there is a column with year number. The data can be pivoted on year for ease of analysis. The primary key consists of country code and indicator code.
4. WDIFootNote: The table consists of country-code, indicator-code and year wise short description of the indicator value for that year. The primary key consists of country code and indicator code.
5. WDISeries: The table contains description of each development indicator with indicator information such as: Code, Indicator Name, Definitions, Unit of Measure etc. Indicator code is the primary key of the table.
6. WDISeries-Time: The table contains the time period information since the indicator is being recorded for each indicator. Series code is the primary key.
The datasource is: