DAT Freight and Analytics: DAT Market Conditions Index Data
Current and Recent Freight Market Conditions
DAT’s Market Conditions Index (MCI) is a dataset built from the hundreds of millions of annual freight-matching post and search transactions taking place in the DAT One ecosystem. The calculation constitutes a powerful index for managing daily and weekly capacity strategies.
Features of this dataset:
– Outbound (explicit origin) and Inbound (explicit destination) calculations down to the DAT Key Market Area level
– Three trailer type categories (Dry Van, Refrigerated, and Flatbed)
– Daily MCI calculations at all levels
– Daily history back to 2013*
– A variety of historical granularities (e.g. prior 7 days)
– 8-day forecast available
*Note: Product launched in June 2020. MCI calculations prior to this date are what would have been calculated had the product existed at that time.
– Type of Trailer
– Origin Geography Code
– Outbound MCI
– Inbound MCI
– Load-to-Truck Ratio
– Equipment Posts
– Load Posts
– Equipment Searches
– Load Searches
About the Provider:
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 183 million freight matches and a database of $118 billion of market transactions.