AccuWeather: AccuWeather Historical Weather Data
Daily and hourly historical weather metrics for nearly 10,000 locations worldwide.
AccuWeather’s industry-leading global historical weather dataset provides daily and hourly metrics dating back 70+ years. AccuWeather’s historical weather data focuses on the impact on people and businesses, so they can make the best weather-impacted decisions. AccuWeather historical weather data is available globally for nearly 10,000 locations worldwide and is fully customizable to best serve the requirements and needs of our users. Users of AccuWeather will be sure to receive the most comprehensive and accurate historical weather data sets available on the market.
AccuWeather’s historical data is powered by the largest and best collection of real-time weather and historical weather data sources, along with expert data analysis and meteorological expertise. Over the past 30-years, AccuWeather has perfected a proprietary quality assurance system that intelligently combines, tests, and corrects our vast collection of weather data. All available metrics are normalized on rolling 10, 20, and 30-year averages. Our historical weather database consists of 300+ metrics that can find relationships between weather and how it affects your business. While our database includes commonly requested metrics such as maximum temperature, minimum temperature, precipitation, wind speed, wind direction, metrics also available include fire danger ratings, evapotranspiration, solar irradiance, soil moisture, business disruption, and snow on the ground, as well as many other industry-specific variables based on the use case and need.
AccuWeather’s historical weather data provides actionable business insights based on past weather events that increase safety, reduce liability and loss, improve performance, minimize risk, and drive efficiency.
– Daily Historical Weather
– Hourly Historical Weather
– Normalized Weather Metrics (10, 20, and 30-year averages)
– Latitude & Longitude of Location
– Average Daily Metrics (Temperature, RealFeel Temperature, Windspeed & Direction, etc.)
– Observed Metrics (Temperature, Relative Humidity, Cloud Cover Percentage, etc.)
Every day, AccuWeather is assisting businesses around the world by providing crucial data and information to allow them to make the best weather-impacted decisions. A few examples include:
– Analyze the economic effects of weather by mapping historical weather data to current weather conditions to predict the potential impact on business operations.
– Use historical data to inform modeling for energy supply and production forecasts across hydropower, wind, and solar installations. Leverage historical data to predict energy demand from municipalities and industry.
– Combine historical data with past company data insights to inform projections for revenue and sales growth.
– Analyze how past weather has impacted consumer buying behavior. Better plan and position retail inventory by quickly adjusting distribution and operational needs to create new sales opportunities.
– Drive targeted advertising campaigns using historical weather data and forecasts.
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives and prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. Partner, prepare and protect with greater confidence. Analyze weather forecasts with AccuWeather’s data on Snowflake.
About the Provider:
We combine weather data, technology, and human insight to improve lives and businesses.
Get access to the AccuWeather: AccuWeather Historical Weather Data Dataset in Snowflake
Already a Snowflake customer?
Access this dataset directly from your Snowflake account