Registration for the 2023 Snowflake Startup Challenge is now live! For the third consecutive year, we are looking to recognize startups that are building inspiring, envelope-pushing apps on Snowflake. There’s up to $1 million in financial investment from Snowflake on the table for the three finalists, with the winner potentially receiving up to $500,000 in investments. Are you up for the challenge?
The application website is open, so start prepping your submission and polishing those pitches. Last year we had hundreds of registrants from more than 70 countries, and we want to see those numbers climb in 2023.
Here’s some basic information about the competition to get you started. And don’t forget to attend BUILD 2022 on November 15-16 to hear more about the 2023 Startup Challenge. (You’ll also get 25+ sessions, demos, and labs with great tools and strategies for building on Snowflake.)
Who is eligible?
Any early-stage startup (an independent legal entity) with less than $5 million in funding that has not yet received a Series A or a priced round of funding, and has built an application that depends on Snowflake as a core part of the architecture. Please see the Official Rules for more details.
What are the evaluation criteria?
Our judges will consider these four primary criteria as they narrow the field from hundreds of entries down to ten semi-finalists, and eventually to three finalists:
- Business potential: What is the market opportunity? Does the app address an unmet need? How does it complement Snowflake?
- Innovation: How unique is your application? What is your competitive advantage?
- Use of Snowflake: Which Snowflake tools and capabilities are you using? Does your app leverage a broad set of Snowflake features?
- Leadership team: Does your team have the experience, vision, and ability to execute?
When are the entries due?
The final deadline to complete and submit your materials is March 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT. You must provide a description of your application along with a demo video up to 5 minutes long. You will be able to modify your application and related materials at any point until the submission period closes! Register early to ensure you receive updates and important notifications about this year’s Startup Challenge.
Where do we register?
Visit snowflake.com/startupchallenge/ and fill out the form to register your interest. You’ll get an email with a link to the official application.
Why should my company enter?
The Snowflake Startup Challenge is an exceptional opportunity to get your company’s work in front of judges with years of experience in building businesses and investing in startups. Past finalists noted that the Startup Challenge process allowed them to closely examine their strategic direction, refine their pitch, and hone their presentations—valuable skills they can put to use when presenting to potential investors.
And, of course, there are great prizes!
- The top 10 semi-finalists will be announced on Snowflake’s Inside the Data Cloud blog.
- The three finalists will be featured on select Snowflake marketing channels and have the opportunity to pitch their apps to the Startup Challenge judging panel and a live audience at Snowflake Summit 2023.
- The Grand Prize winner gets an opportunity to receive up to $500,000 in potential investment, while the two runners-up will each get an opportunity to receive up to $250,000 in potential investment.
Last year’s challenge had an impressive field of high-quality entries, and we’re excited to see what this year’s participants will create. Want some inspiration? Watch the 2022 Grand Finale here and check out the three 2022 Startup Challenge finalists:
And if you want more insights into app dev trends that are catching the eyes of venture capitalists, don’t miss our October Startup Series webinar featuring Anthos Capital and 2021 Startup Challenge winner OverlayAnalytics, alongside Jyoti Halarnakar from Snowflake Corporate Development and Ventures.
Be sure to visit snowflake.com/startupchallenge/ to register, and attend BUILD 2022 to get the scoop on this year’s judges. As always, check the Official Rules and FAQ for more details about the competition. Happy building!