Consumers are altering the retail landscape faster than ever before, according to recent McKinsey research. Almost 40% have switched brands or retailers during the pandemic, and more than 80% have new shopping behaviors. Meanwhile, more than half of those who tried a new channel or service said they would continue to do so in the future.
Alongside other trends such as changes in demand, supply chain shocks, and inflation, these new shopping habits are causing seismic shifts in the retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. Companies are facing decreased profitability, missed revenue, and brand deterioration.
To succeed in this environment, leading retailers and CPG companies are quickly developing capabilities that enable them to better predict and prepare for the challenges, and to leverage new opportunities, with the help of the Snowflake Retail Data Cloud.
Snowflake has launched a three-part webinar series featuring leading retail and CPG organizations on how they leverage data and collaborate across the industry to stay competitive. The webinars will focus on three areas:
- Exceeding customer expectations by delivering personalized customer experiences
- Improving demand forecasts and supply chain operations
- Making timely, data-driven category planning and merchandising decisions
Here are the specifics:
Customer Experience: Rapidly Adapt to and Exceed Customer Expectations with the Data Cloud
As customers shift toward digital and hybrid channels, businesses need to invest in new digital capabilities and data-driven workflows. Join this session with Rakuten Rewards to hear how leading businesses are leveraging the Data Cloud to deliver personalized and seamless experiences at every touchpoint while maintaining strict data governance and security. Learn how to:
- Develop multi-channel segmentation and personalization.
- Deliver personalized experiences through multiple channels.
- Create a single source of truth for all operational and customer data.
- Achieve time and efficiency gains with a centralized data platform.
Operations: Drive Profitability and Growth Through Superior Forecasting and Supply Chain Coordination
Facing highly fluctuating demand and shocks throughout the supply chain, businesses need to rely on timely, data-driven insights to power their operations. Join this webinar with multinational food company, Kraft Heinz to learn how leading retailers, CPGs, and distributors are collaborating to drive efficiencies throughout the supply chain, reduce revenue loss, and improve profitability. Learn how to:
- Collaborate across retailers, CPGs, and distributors to get timely insights on stock levels and innovate on new fulfillment methodologies.
- Achieve end-to-end full visibility in real time through data sharing, from the stores to the warehouse.
- Power data science models to more accurately predict demand by region and category in a short demo.
Product Strategy: How Retail and CPG Collaboration Is Driving the Future of Category Planning and Merchandising
As consumer preferences rapidly change, businesses need to take a data-driven approach to category planning. Join this webinar with ecommerce platform Cart.com to hear how leading businesses evolved from having limited visibility to SKU and store-level data to making near real-time decisions in collaboration with partners on products, discounts, placement, and stock. Learn how to:
- Maximize profitability through dynamic pricing algorithms informed by demand forecasts, inventory levels, discounts, and more.
- Predict consumer trends and make data-driven category and new product innovation decisions.
- Leverage data to optimize marketing investments and manage inventory levels in real time to increase margins.
To register for the entire three-part webinar series, The Future of Retail Data Collaboration with Snowflake, click here.