BUILD 2022 is right around the corner, and we’re making final preparations for the third Data Cloud Dev Summit. If you’re a developer, data engineer, architect, data scientist—anyone who builds, codes, or innovates with data—this is the event for you.
As always, BUILD sessions are created by builders, for builders. From hands-on virtual labs and AMAs with Snowflake experts to how-to tech sessions and panel discussions, you’ll find plenty to spark your interest and boost your skill set. And this year we’ve added a new element: the chance to meet up in person with other builders at BUILD.local events, hosted by Snowflake User Groups in 15+ cities around the world (click here to find one near you).
Let’s take a look at five reasons why BUILD 2022 is a must-attend event:
- Hear from innovators
Every BUILD summit aims to inspire builders and data wranglers to new heights, and this year is no exception. For example, the “Open Source in the Data Cloud” panel features several industry luminaries including Ryan Blue, co-creator of Apache Iceberg, Willem Pienaar, founder of Feast; and Peter Wang, co-founder and CEO of Anaconda, all discussing how open source projects can help you build with Snowflake and how to get involved with the open source community.
Of course, you’ll also want to tune in when Benoit Dageville, Snowflake co-founder and President of Product, opens Day 1 of BUILD with a discussion about the future of app dev, and Adrien Treuille, Head of Streamlit at Snowflake, kicks off Day 2 with a look at the builders’ Data Cloud.
- Learn what you can do with the Data Cloud
Interested in AI and ML, Snowpark best practices, or getting up to speed with Streamlit? Maybe you want to find out why Iceberg is making waves, or how you can develop faster and more efficiency? It’s all happening at BUILD 2022. Learn from customers and partners as they share tips and advice you can put into practice at your own organization. Here are a few examples:
- DataOps will go deep into creating an optimized developer experience.
- Thoughtspot and Interworks will discuss building ML models in Snowflake with Python and Snowpark.
- Hex’s tutorial will show you how to give your Jupyter notebook a makeover, including adding user interactivity and publishing as a web app.
- Astronomer’s head of data will explore self-serve data orchestration with Apache Airflow and Astro.
- Dataiku will dig into cloud-optimized AI solutions.
- iPipeline will discuss how it uses Snowflake and Sigma to power data sharing use cases.
- Get hands-on experience
Hands-on labs are a BUILD highlight, and this year is no exception. In addition to two Snowflake-run labs—one on machine learning (ML) with Snowpark for Python and one on building a data app with Snowflake Marketplace, Snowpark, and Streamlit—we have two partner labs to help you make your data modeling and ML efforts more collaborative, efficient, and productive:
- Accelerating Data Teams with dbt and Snowflake: Experience dbt’s workflow firsthand as you learn how to develop, test, document, and deploy data models with dbt. You’ll follow software engineering best practices to boost collaboration and productivity, with dbt Labs and Snowflake experts guiding you through every step.
- Data-Centric Approach to Machine Learning Using Snowflake and Amazon SageMaker Data Wrangler: Get up close and personal with Snowflake and SageMaker Data Wrangler as you discover how to manage and acquire data, perform feature engineering, assess which data sets will provide the most impact on ML models, and discuss how to deploy data pipelines for training and batch interference.
- Discover what it means to be Powered by Snowflake
Want real-world examples of how you can build business-changing apps on Snowflake? Check out the Powered by Snowflake panel with PowerSchool, Monte Carlo, and Simon Data and hear how the Powered by Snowflake program is helping them build better products and grow their business.
- Spotlight for startups
If you’re a startup builder (or a builder at a startup), you’ll find kindred spirits at our Snowflake for Startups Founders’ Panel where startups Anvilogic, Adaptive Pulse, and Paytronix—all of which are also Powered by Snowflake—will dive into why and how they’re building on Snowflake. Follow that up with a peek into investors’ heads as Stefan Williams, Head of Corporate Development and Snowflake Ventures, chats with venture capitalists from Sequoia Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. And don’t miss the opening keynote where Benoit Dageville will make an exciting announcement about the 2023 Startup Challenge competition.
If you’re already registered for BUILD, be sure to tag these sessions (and others) to make a personalized agenda. Haven’t reserved your spot yet? Check out the full two-day lineup and register now to avoid missing out. And let’s go build!